
I was on a site that sold odd gifts when I came across this. I about peed my pants because this sno-cone machine model was the VERY ONE that I got for my birthday when I was a kid! A huge wave of nostalgia came over me as I stared at this picture. I remember being in the kitchen with my little sister & brother, having trays of ice-cubes (the ones in metal that have a lever to pop out the ice.) I remember us tasting the different syrups, grape & cherry and then sitting there forEVER trying to get a good sno-cone. We shouldn't have had such high hopes to be able to reproduce the cones you can buy at carnivals. This was a chunky-slushy-watery mixture that came out. When we drizzled the syrup over one - we realized that the syrup should've been used "sparingly" - just to make it last longer but really, if you're gonna have a GOOD sno-cone, it's got to have a lot of syrup! Well - we had 2 cones the size of those medicine-cups (like for nyquil?). Then- as my parents couldn't afford to buy more syrup - the thing just ended up who knows where. *sigh*
1 comment:
I have a blog spot too and nobody ever comments on my pages, but I just had to comment on this one. Me and my two sisters had this same snow cone maker when we were kids too. We loved it. I since have decided that the electrical ones are just as much fun for the kids but way easier on the parents. Also, I always hated how the syrup would go to the bottom of the cup and the top would just be straight ice, so our family now shaves popcicles. The long ones wrapped in plastic without a stick, I think they are called icees or something, work the best. We had such a fun time this past summer, making them for everyone at our camp out. It was such a hit!!! I think it may become a tradition. Love your blog!!!
Post a Comment