Monday, April 21, 2008



Er... where'd the band go?

Ohhh what an interesting weekend I've had! It started off with a month or so ago when discussing with my Activities Committee about a band to play at our ward's "Spring Fling" appetizer potluck/cubscout cake auction/dance. The guy in the band is in our ward and he moved here from another city... which shall remain nameless. I realized that this guy's band might, just MIGHT have a guitarist in there that I used to date years ago as they used to be in the same area.

Well, guess what. They're in the same band. (C'mon - you knew where this was going, right?) With all due respect, I know that some of you want details. I can appreciate that. However, I'm not going to give any. Other than to say, he is someone in whom I value as a person... and can totally rely on to help me if I should ever happen to go to a hempfest by accident. *zips lips & throws away the key*


Dear Friend,

I felt so awkward last night. I wanted to see you but I didn't want to see you. I hadn't seen you since you left on a mission... I knew I had to just get over it because I couldn't just keep lurking in the hallways. I'm so happy that I finally went up and said, "Hi!" I'm happy there was no "weirdness" between us. I'm happy that you're doing well and by the way, your sons are gorgeous! I am sorry however, that your wife didn't "take" to me. Perhaps it would've helped if you hadn't said, "She was the first one that I told... etc." Ya. Her look clearly indicated... well, whatever. I wish we could've connected, but I understand. By the way, your band totally ROCKS!
Truly,
Just a friend.

~

My Hero,
You and I have already talked. Thank you for not being weird about this.
Truly,
YOURS.
~
Buf -
Thanks for talking with me on the phone about this whole deal this morning. I appreciated being able to talk in depth about the whole thing and play the, "I wonder..." game with you. Love you girl!
Truly,
Fluf

5 comments:

Ally said...

**giggling**

Only because I've had 'previous relationships' myself. ;)

Her Royal Highness said...

I'm just so glad you were able to "get over it" and say hi. And I'm glad that he wasn't weird. Too bad he wasn't subtle enough to leave out the extra details. Oh well - bygones, right?
Been there - done that. But with more than "first to tell her..." - it was way more...

Melissa said...

It is weird to see old boyfriends... I had one contact me at one point to just let me know how his life was going... it wasn't so great. And it left me wondering "What if..."
Glad you were able to talk to him AND your hubby and a friend about the whole thing!!

HiHoRosie said...

thanks Fluf! I'm still processing it as I'm sure you are to some degree but glad there wasn't any weirdness with "this guy". Of course, he's just naturally a great guy so that's a plus.

Oh and btw, hemp is actually good for you! Used in the right form of course (hee hee!). I wouldn't go to a hempfast as someone I know did by accident (ha ha) b/c that's just a little bit "different."

Loves ya girlie!

HiHoRosie said...

hempfEst that is. :)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller