Things I learned on vacation...
1. Flying from Seattle to North Carolina & vice versa with a 5 year old is too long.
2. Visiting with my sister (& one on the phone), nieces & nephews totally ROCKS!
3. Watching, "North & South" with my sister & niece who totally dig the JA-type of movies is so much fun!
4. Prayers are answered. I lost my wallet in the Detroit, MI airport. What a scary feeling that was! My Boo offered a prayer asking for help in finding it. A moment later an announcement was made, "Sariqd Woobadip, please report to desk." My daughter heard it and we went to retrieve the wallet. A lovely mother & daughter team had found it and returned it intact. I was so touched & grateful for their service that I cried.
5. A week away from our boys was a week too long. I wish we could've been able to have us all come out. Yet, I treasure this trip as just Boo & Mom. It's rare we get to do something like this.
6. A week away from our boys is a bonus. My Hero was able to tackle little projects around the house which created a LOVELY return home for us girls. You can be sure he got some extra loving. :)
7. It is wonderful to return home with blue skies to help with the post-trip letdown.
8 comments:
Hurrah for a great trip!! Sounds like you learned some great things... I've never flown with my kids before... not sure if I ever will :)
I'm curious how did the "inspections" at the airport go for you? Were you able to take on snacks or water for Boo & yourself?
Sounds like you had a blast! I'm glad you're back safe & sound!
sounds like a fun time was had and a good visit.
They say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I admit, especially when you are yonder, but upon this I must ponder.
I'm so glad you got to go. And that you're back!
Love when prayers are so quickly answered! Gotta love little B for helping her mama out and being in tune. :)
Glad you had a good time. :)
I'm glad you got your wallet back! I know that feeling well - that moment of realization that it's missing and the resultant adrenaline rush... Not fun.
You're so brave to go for a week. I don't know if I could do it! But it sure does sound fun. I'd love to have some one-on-one time like that with my Princess.
Glad you're back, too! ;)
Welcome back. See you Sunday. =)
Post a Comment