More Random Stuff. C'mon, you know you love 'em!
* Christmas is next week. Isn't that just awesome? I'm all done shopping except for groceries & stocking stuffers. My 4yo has learned that Mom likes to sneak things into her cart for the kids and he tells his sister. Darn it! Hm. Think I'll arrange a playdate for him on Friday so I can get out...
* I'm in charge of my daughter's school carnival next year. I'm going through fits of panic where I say, "What the H.E.?? was I thinking?" and then I calm down and think, "If I can organize activities for fussy adults, this should be a piece of cake." Then I just put it out of my mind and go about my way. Until 3 in the morning where I have the same little dialogue playing over and over in my mind. Oy. Perhaps I should up my meds. ha!
*Little Slugger has decided baby food is not his thing. In fact, he's perfectly happy with eating off the floor but I'm not. (Food from 4yo who has some challenges with keeping food in the bowl/plate.) I've never had a kid who wanted to go straight to table food. Interesting! Meanwhile, I've got all this baby food which I'm going to give to my niece for HER baby.
* I have a big... patootie. I KNOW! Shocker! However, I would like to say that I have lost 31 pounds since being pregnant. Of course, I actually lost 20 pounds while pregnant so the 11 ... okay, did you really need me to figure that math out? ha! So - I think I'm the skinniest I've been in um, a lot of years. Sigh. I do feel great about it though.
* My Hero and I have been looking into extra-curricular activities for our Boo. Things that will help her make friends - more specifically, help her learn how to MAKE good friends cuz the ones she currently has - not so hot. One thing we're going to sign her up for in January is Girls on the Run. It's about empowering the girls and they do that by education and also TRAINING for 5k's! Isn't that great? And I'm going to train with her! Yay!!! It scares the dickens out of me but hey, I'm doing this for HER. And the fringe benefit of training for me? I'm not going to fight. You know, cuz of the whole big patootie thing?
There you have it! Hope you are having a fabulous day!
4 comments:
That carnival will be no sweat for you, I'm sure!!! :)
congrats on losing 11 additional pounds! That's great! And training for a 5k?! maybe I'll join you in your quest!
I'm so excited for Christmas!!!!
Congrats on losing the weight! It's definitely one of my favorite things when I step on the scale and I've lost a pound!
You are such an awesome mom, your kids are so lucky to have you!
You'll do a fab job with the carnival! It'll turn out to be the best ever I'm sure.
Congrats on the weight loss. Wish I could report the same. ;(
And so cool about the "girls on the run" for Ms B. Sounds like a great program and big kudos to you for doing it along side her.
And love the new name for Little Man. He is a Big Guy and so stinkin adorable and so stinkin sweet.
Love your random thoughts. :)
Post a Comment