SNARK ALERT!
Wow. I think I need some new friends or something! NOBODY came to my UFO night! There were 4 who took the time to reach out to me... and two of them were my sisters! (Mama taught you right! lol) It was an open door affair... and really, I thought people would show up. I won't even tell you how many people I invited because to have zero out of all those, it's embarrassing. And most of them do crafts & such!!!
Now I'm left feeling like I must have boogers hanging out of my nose or something. Or worse, I'm just that girl people pretend to like out of pity. Apparently I'm still dealing with issues from my childhood and the repeated experience of always last picked to be on a team. Bleh.
All I can say, really, is I am SO glad this was not a birthday party.
So, so glad.
Okay, snarkiness is out of my system. And as my Hero said to me a little bit ago, UFO night was already a success because I actually completed a project!!! I recovered my dining room chairs! So pretty!
Thank you. You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.
(Thank goodness for my Hero, eh?)
8 comments:
Sometimes things take a while to catch on!
I can SOOO relate. I'm sure if all your long distance friends could make it, they would. (At least I would - I have loads of UFOs.)
I guess I'm just sorry - but I'm also glad I'm not alone in this.
Come March, let's do some UFOs one night!!!
I can SOOO relate. I'm sure if all your long distance friends could make it, they would. (At least I would - I have loads of UFOs.)
I guess I'm just sorry - but I'm also glad I'm not alone in this.
Come March, let's do some UFOs one night!!!
I'm SO sorry! I would come, you know, if we really knew each other! :) When I lived in Utah, we had a monthly girls night out where we would meet at different people's homes and then go out to dinner. When it was my turn to host, no one would even COME IN my house. I felt AWFUL. Like the biggest loser, shunned, whatever in the world. People just don't get how much they can affect others. :(
Hey, Sara! Don't be too sad, though I do know how you feel! Remember THIS... http://katesbusylife.blogspot.com/2010/10/birthday-party-that-wasnt.html? It is sort of a reverse example, but sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to. You are still a fabulous person and you have many people who love you, including your old childhood friend!
I like the UFO idea!! I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you were hoping for. Don't give up on it though... maybe there were other things going on. You just never know. And hey - kudos to you for getting your chairs done! Would you like to come recover mine? :)
I was one of those friends who told you ahead of time....you got the message right?! I really did want to come and I thought about you all night. I thought for sure it was going to be a night of crazy "girl" fun!
There is still going to be a meeting next month right?
I know, sorry I didn't make it either (glad I was one of the few who let you know!) but I certainly would have if my evening was little better timed. I'm still hoping for next month. ;) I heart you girlie!
Post a Comment