Whoa. Sorry! I've been spending all my blogging time on fiddling with the look of my blog. Oopsa - guess I should throw in a post or two so y'all don't just write me off as the most boring person in the planet of Blogdom. Please stay. Please! With strawberries? (I hate cherries btw. You'll never get me to eat them! No! Nevahhhh!!!)
This year hasn't started out too hot. It was precipitated by a 9-day migraine. Um. Good times. Then I got... uh... a friend who decided to show up on NYE and stay for a few days. Actually - I shouldn't say "friend" cuz I hate this one. Anyway. Then last week, I started having some what I thought were kidney pains. I thought I might be fighting a kidney infection (I've had it twice. First time - ER & demerol & antibiotics. 2nd time - hospitalized over Thanksgiving weekend, pregnant. Jolly good times.) SO - I cranked up the cranberry juice as that usually helps. Nope. Then I started having a band of pain all around me. Think - 6-inch wide elastic band just under the ribs and above the belly-button. It just felt so tight. Ugh! Then Friday morning around 2am, it woke me up. I knew something was wrong as it was more than just tight. It hurt. And it scared me. I woke my husband up and told him that I needed a blessing and after that was done, he took me into the ER. Gallstones. Yep. Gallstones. Lovely. You see, I'm one of the three hold-outs of 11 kids that have had their gallbladders removed. Yes, just gotta love those genetics! Sigh. I was there for 5 hours and after all the prodding & ultrasound, I think they massaged the stones out or something because the pain went away. Um. Okay! Now I am hyper-HYPER sensitive about the fats I put into my body. I'm reading labels and figuring out how much is okay (cuz I'm starving!) and then eat half that. And for my sweet-tooth? Rice krispy treats. Minus the butter. Equals ZERO FAT! WOOHOO!!! Yay for me! But I want chocolate.
SO - the conundrum is... if I choose to have my gallbladder taken out, that will surely mean that I will not be able to nurse anymore. I can't have heavy-duty meds in me and feel good about passing that to baby. No. So (man I say "so" a lot!), I am thinking that I'm going to do another "lifestyle change." I would like to be able to nurse my baby as long as I can. If he chooses to wean, that's fine. Of course, if I have another scary attack - I'll get it out. Zammit. But I'm hoping with reducing fats, I'll be able to put it off as long as I can.
Meanwhile... I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Just waiting for another gallstone attack. Shipoopie.
So! (See!?!) Hope your Twenty-Eleven has started on a much higher note than mine. If it has, and I really do hope it has, don't share. It's not like I don't want people to have a great start to the year, it's just that... if I read about how fantastically awesome your beginning of the year was, I may just go hibernate for the rest of the year and it's only January.
Just kidding.
Kinda.
ha.
9 comments:
Bummer about the gall bladder.
But humph about cherries. I LOVE them!
wow you have a busy year already. Hoping that its gets better with what ever you choose to do :)
Thanks for the comment, hope you enjoyed reading! :)
I like you. I can tell just from this post. I thought I had gallstones when I was pregnant last year, it was horrible pain! Turns out the muscle on my rib had like detached or something. But still. I feel so close to you now!
awe sorry your year didn't start out very good. It can only get better :)
Lucky You! :L
sorry fluf! I hope all goes well for you and things begin to improve. Not fun in the least. It was good seeing you this weekend. Love ya!
My goodness, Woman! Can you fit anything else into January?! I hope you just got all of the ick for the whole year out of the way. The rest of the year will be awesome!
And january isn't have over yet! Sheesh, girl!
You wanna read something that may help you feel better about your NYE surprise?
Popeye's been gone 2 weeks only to be gone again next week. We have a SMALL window of opportunity to , you know, and MY least fave friend is here.
So dear friend (you, not the one I hate), you and I can be crabby together.
Good luck on your healthier-self mission!!! (Nutella is a great way to curb my chocolate cravings... Just sayin...)
I totally hear you about not wanting to pass on the meds to little ones! I HAD to have my gallbladder out when my oldest was only four months old. I certainly wasn't going to stop nursing, especially that early, so I told them and they gave me meds that weren't bad for nursing. I had to pump and dump for a couple days because I actually had two operations. But I think it was only 48 hours from the first one until I could nurse again. The antibiotics can be totally safe but the painkillers can be pretty bad. After you are actually done with the surgery though you can get down to mostly just ibuprofen/acetaminophen and those are safe. Just thought I'd throw that in and I hope it helps!
Post a Comment