Friday, March 18, 2011



I received this award from HiHoRosie's Place. I love her. AND her blog. So THANK YOU Heidi!


Along with this award, I must do the following:


For the One Lovely Blog award:



1. Thank and link the blogger who has given you the award. (DONE!)


2. Copy and paste the Logo in your blog. (DONE!)


3. Share 7 things about yourself. (DONE!)


4. Nominate 15 other Great Bloggers. (DONE!)


5. Comment and let them know of the award. (DONE!)


7 Things About Me:
  1. I'm hearing-impaired. Partially deaf. Hard-of-hearing. Whatever - it all boils down to the fact that I do not have any hearing in my left ear and I have about 40-50% hearing in my right with assistance. I hear mid to middle-low tones exceptionally well. A couple of years ago, however, I was blessed to get a new hearing-aid that just rocks my socks and allows me to hear higher tones (i.e. piano) exceptionally well! Love it!
  2. I used to frequent bars with my girlfriends... (more specifically - HiHoRosie!) to hear a reggae group called Jumbalassy. Excellent music. Horrible ambience... well, it was okayyyy but I just did not appreciate the smell or the attitudes of drunken people. Ha. I remember one guy dumped a whole mugful of beer down my front and then attempted to wipe it off with his hands. UMMMMMMMM - NO! Thankfully the lead singer of the aforementioned group saw it all happen and protected me.
  3. I love standing in the sunshine in the middle of the woods by myself. The tranquility just recharges my emotional batteries like nothing else.
  4. Same thing for sitting at the beach. Rain or shine.
  5. I went to a h*empfest once. Not knowing it was a h*empfest. Not knowing what H*EMP meant. I really went to support my girlfriend's boyfriend's band. Things got a little... rowdy with them sharing major clips (I'm talking whoa mama they were huge!) and I am so grateful for my date that night who grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowded room to run out of there. I felt kind of weird and loopy the rest of the night. Hm. I wonder why.
  6. I'm a recovering packrat. I say recovering because I've finally started detaching emotionally from STUFF. I mean really, that's all it really is. It's just STUFF. (UPDATED to say - I am SORRY for those of you who clicked on the youtube link. My husband just watched it and informed me that uh - it's not appropriate. Again - I am so sorry. )
  7. I no longer like peanut butter.  Reeses Peanutbutter Cups or pb cookies. Ever since I had my baby, yuck! Same thing goes for mint. Don't like that either. 

Now... for the 15 bloggers. Um. That's just too hard. So yes, I'm taking the easy way out. Please refer to my blogroll because really? I wouldn't have them there if I didn't enjoy their lovely blogs. AND you all need to take this award too!!!

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Fun! So glad you did this! And I thought it was PITCHER full of beer. Either way, it was gross and stinky!

And really on the pb? And mint too? That's so sad. I love them both...but not together. :)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

You do deserve an award!!! :)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller