Things I (re)learned in having guests...
- I am not a good decision maker. Especially when it comes to entertaining guests. I don't often get to do the touristy stuff so when it comes time to do touristy things, I get stumped. And then I get embarrassed and then... I don't know what to do. I need to do better. Make a list and give it to the person(s) we're entertaining and if they can't decide, be more assertive and make the decision!
- When I get sick (i.e. migraine) it might be wise to find another friend to step in and play tourist for a few hours so I can rest and blast the migraine with a nap.
- I really, REALLY should've done more to farm my kids out for the week. Unfortunately I hate feeling like I'm imposing on anybody. (I know, get over it.)
And things that I appreciate about Natalie (aka Cranium Creations by Natalie - go check out her link to the left here.)
- She gets me.
- She loves me inspite of my quirks/weirdness.
- She understands how to be quiet. Not one of those that feels the need to fill up every second with mindless chatter.
- She's uber-talented.
- Didn't mind watching the kids for a few minutes so I could pick-up/drop-off kids.
- She was ultra-patient with my Little Man. He gets lost in the crowd, so to speak, and her positive reinforcement & encouragement did wonders for him.
Now. More pics to share!
 |
| Can I hurl now? Seriously? Bleh! |
3 comments:
looks like fun time was had by all.
I'm not always good with entertaining either so I hear ya! Love all the pics. And that floss? EW!
Hey got something for ya: http://hihorosie.blogspot.com/2011/03/fun-blog-awards-and-meme.html
Okay - so you thought you could've done better? I had a wonderful time! I came home refreshed and ready to be Mom again and YOU helped me achieve that! so thank you!!!
I was thinking, at least we HAD things to do. Here, where I live, we'd be hunkered down inside EVERYDAY because of all the snow. ;)
Post a Comment