Monday, December 10, 2007

So many thoughts and so little time! I have had so many ideas for posts on my blog and yet I have NO TIME! WHATTUP? Well, I do have time. It's just that I should be finishing up a Christmas present or doing the dishes.... *checks dishwasher, nope - it's not unloaded, can't do dishes.* Or at the very least be productive in a way that would be beneficial to my home & family. Hm... I'm thinking that if I BLOG... it would be beneficial because I would've had my creative (hah!) outlet for the day and ergo, am happy and satisfied enough to face the drudgery of changing diapers, wiping up spilled milk, making dinner, blah blah blah.

So - here's some thoughts I've had:
1. Rules of the house. Are there rules that exists that canNOT be changed? We've got one for the dishes. I can't do the dishes unless somebody unloads. Seriously, I won't do the dishes.
2. Name of my blog. Should I change it? I like it but when I (uh-oh) start comparing it to other blog names, it seems woefully dim. Not clever or cute at all.
3. Things that get stuck in your head. I saw a 10-second clip of the tv show, "Friends" where Phoebe is married and she wants to have her last name be "BananaHammock." I didn't even know what it was until I asked Hero. Oops. Anyway - that word just keeps popping up at inopportune moments. Like, being at church and closing my eyes for the prayer. Ya. Not good.
4. (Possibly mundane) things you get excited for. New pens, blank notebooks, ribbons, yarn, jangly earrings, snowballs from Purdy's chocolates, eyeshadow (not that I wear much, they're just so pretty!), flannel sheets, true hot chocolate - french style, homemade marshmallows, books & cards written in francais, watercolor pencils, strappy sandals, and... when my friends leave comments!!! (That's not to say that the comments are mundane or that you are... lol!)

2 comments:

Ally said...

Ha, ha!! So many thoughts, so little time.... :-)

Phoebe was my favorite character from Friends.

In my Blog, I have about 30 draft posts, because when I have a thought about writing topics, I immediately start a post - at the very least give a title to it so I can remember what my thoughts were. Then I come back and finish it later, assuming I don't come up with a new post to write!

I've been reading blogs that say they're tired of blogging from NaBloPoMo, and I just don't get that. Most of the time, I have so many thoughts going around in my brain, that I could blog all day every day if I wanted to. But that would very likely be BORING for everyone reading... Some of my thoughts aren't worth blogging about.

Anonymous said...

I love the name of your blog. So much cooler than my own, IMO.

I also get things stuck in my head quite frequently. I'm just so glad that I'm not the only one who sees Phoebe in my prayers. ;)

I used to go through life thinking, "ooh, what a great page that would be for (insert name) scrapbook." Now it's, "I should totally blog about this!" I need to carry a notebook with me because the thoughts are always coming but then fleeting in an instant.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller