Monday, November 10, 2008

I had a lovely surprise last week... Hero stayed home from work on a TUESDAY. Actually, he worked from home but he scheduled some "AWAY" time for the two of us. I had already scheduled Little Man to be at a babysitter's so as I was up to my elbows in suds, doing the dishes, Hero comes in and turns the water off and says, "Let's go!" We grabbed my camera and went down to the waterfront in Edmonds. I know, you're probably thinking - MORE pictures of the waterfront? Well, there's just so many places to explore! Anyway, although it was freezing, I had the most delightful time just walking along with my Hero and snapping random pictures.

Thank you Hero... I think this mini-date did more for me than had we gone out to lunch at some restaurant. I love you.


Trust me, it's better that you see these statues from behind. When we walked around to the front, well... quite ghastly expressions. JMOO folks. And that of my Hero too.


"Wild" salmon. These spin around in the wind. Pretty cool although they're quite ugly too. Huh, must be the theme for the day.

This is a Grey Heron that is quite common during the winter months here. We saw this from the dock flying in. We waited about 15 minutes for it to fly off again so we could snap another picture to show how grand it is but no... it was quite content to just stand there. *sigh*

This boat made me laugh because I thought perhaps it was saying, "RRrrAWWW! Gonna eat'cha!" to the boat in front of it. It's actually a Seabee boat.

Last but definitely not least, some friendly seals.


6 comments:

Anna said...

I'm actually from Seattle, and I LOVE the waterfront. I miss it! It's the one thing about Utah that just isn't quite right. I would love to be able to just go on a mini-date with my husband to the docks. How cool would that be? WAY!

Her Royal Highness said...

Are those seals real or statues? I can't tell.
Oh, mini-dates. I envy all my blogging friends who are having dates with their spouses. :{
How fun for you that you were able to go explore!

yardsnacker said...

I love that Hero is romantic like that!! Thanks for being such a great hub to my sis!

xo you guys

Sam

natals said...

I think salmon are just ugly, live or statuesque. But they sure taste good! I've only had salmon once since me moved out here. Just not the same. :(

Thanks for sharing your mini-date with us! It looked fun!

natals said...

I think salmon are just ugly, live or statuesque. But they sure taste good! I've only had salmon once since me moved out here. Just not the same. :(

Thanks for sharing your mini-date with us! It looked fun!

Lisa said...

That's so sweet! What a great guy!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller