Monday, November 17, 2008

My family went back to the waterfront with our kids in tow. Boo wanted to see the place where we had our "mini-date." Towards the end of the family outing, I saw this dude and said, "Whoa! Hero - look at him! Quick, take a picture so I can put it on my blog!" Hero said with a nervous laugh, "Nooo! Are you kidding me? He could take me down!" I quickly grabbed the camera and said to Boo, "Smile Boo!" and without even bothering to aim it at her - took his picture.


He walked past us, totally oblivious to all. I turned and watched to see where he was going. Then I see him walking into the ocean and dropping a weighted string down.

I don't know what the purpose of this activity was. I was going to keep watching him to see if he was doing it at intervals or what. But my Little Man and Boo distracted me with some shouts of wanting me to look at some newly discovered seashells. *sigh* Kids. (You do know that I'm speaking in jest. Right?) Anyway, I turned and he had disappeared. Completely. I don't know where he went off to. Either walked into the ocean or onto the dock or up on the pier to walk behind some buildings. I just. don't. know. But am totally intrigued. He's an enigma. The enigma of Edmonds.

But I can't look at his picture for too long. It starts to disturb me.

10 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

those are some interesting shorts...

Charlotte said...

We used to see him down on the boardwalk nearly every day. In the summer he wears those same (women's) shorts just sans shirt. Never any shoes either. He does some kind of exercises, goes swimming and then heads home. Glad to have a pic to remember him by! Good times:)

Packer Family said...

I've seen him before!

apyknowzitall said...

EWWWW!!!! That guy creeps me out so bad. He's always down there and reminds me of a rooster strutting his stuff. One time the kids and I were playing by those piers that stick up out of the water on the south side of the ferry docks and he came a leetle to close for comfort. He also drives my mom-in-law batty.

apyknowzitall said...

Oh yeah, from about March to October he's always sans shirt. You got lucky.

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

He reminds me of Santa Clause, that is, if Santa Clause worked out.☺ Interesting looking fellow.

Her Royal Highness said...

Eeew. That was just icky to look at. But I'm like you, wanting to know where in the world he disappeared to.

Anna said...

LOL. That is too funny. It makes me wonder if someone has ever taken picture of ME and put them on their blog.

Ice Cream said...

Just put a fish tail on him and you have your answer. He is a Merman. I'll bet the string thing was some sort of key to get him into the underwater world.

Rachel said...

Edmonds... you mean Washington?

If so, we're rather local.

Enjoyed your post - you are a good friend and maybe she needed some "cogitating" time...?

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller