Monday, November 24, 2008

I might get really witchy today.



Just so you know.



Meanwhile...my stomach is in knots.



I'm dreading my 3:30 appointment today.



My brand-new hearing aid, the one I get excited about every morning and do the happy dance every time I get to put it on decided to go on the fritz. Yes.



I can't handle it.



For more than just one reason.



Now that I have this beautiful piece of high-tech, I can't live without it.



I feel naked without it on.



Truly.



I also don't like noticing how much I don't hear without it.



*sigh*



I hope it's something that just got bumped in there. So it's just an easily "fixable" thing. That it doesn't have to be shipped, or *gasp!* even worse, REPLACED.



I couldn't handle that. Let alone if there's any cost involved.


Especially when I told the technician about it and she replied, "Oh! That type of hearing-aid isn't supposed to do that..."



*cries*



What a dumb Monday morning.



Yes.



I might just be really witchy today.



Don't say I didn't warn you!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Didn't know you were hearing impaired (found you through Ice Cream Diary)...

I know exactly what you mean. I've been dependent on my hearing-aid for 28 years now... I cannot IMAGINE life without it, especially with a two-year old active little boy.

Actually, yes, I can imagine it. IT IS AWFUL. Mine will be going out of production soon (analog, versus all the new digital ones). And I know what it's like to be without one for a bit. Or for everything to sound "off".

I really hope they can fix it quickly. Praying for you!

Lisa said...

I hope it's something quick and easy to fix! My dad has hearing aids, too, and it's always tough when they aren't working!

Rachel said...

SO GLAD you're back in business!

What are the odds of it being bad batteries. See... prayer works!

(and I just can't get the same quality out of music with digital as I can with analog... probably because I danced with a ballet company for so long with analog that the digital components don't make sense...? Glad it's working for you! :)

Rachel said...

The analog has been what I used from the beginning of when I lost my hearing... so maybe my brain just recognizes it as more natural?

I have major high frequency loss (actually, I am profoundly deaf in both ears, but can respond to low tones in one), so maybe some of the higher tones that digital enhances come across as noise to me?

I've tried many digital hearing aids, and much to the disappointment of the audiologist, just got another analog.

I'm really glad youre not "naked" anymore! I know the feeling!

Her Royal Highness said...

sara, I would love to know more about how you feel without sound. Mr. Fantastic sometimes has issues with that but doesn't voice his frustrations coherently. I wish I could just KNOW what he's feeling when his battery dies or headpiece wires break...

didn't read your top post yet, but by the sounds of it, you're back on track! YAY!

Ice Cream said...

You sound like me when I loose my glasses. Really, I can barely tolerate myself when I'm like this.

Glad it was only the batteries.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller