I got it! My new hearing aid!!!
Okay, okay - so this isn't EXACTLY what my new "Explorer" hearing-aid looks like! (For a picture - click here)
It is so CRAZY. I currently have 3 programs on my aid that I can switch to with a touch of a button. 1 is for every day - whatever. 2 is for riding in the car and hearing my kids. 3 is for music.
The one that impressed me the most (and they all were impressive) was the program for music. She programmed it to have the higher notes come in stronger. WOW. I played the piano for a half hour with all the pieces that Mom (through Sis. Chandler, my piano teacher) that had high notes in it. (Mom told Sis. Chandler to have me learn those types specifically!) Anyway - LOVED it! No more just blank clicks. I actually heard some high notes! So beautiful! I can only hear up to a high B but that's about 3-4 notes higher than I've been able to hear before. PLUS, with this program the higher notes come out stronger than the lower notes... ahhh - it made me cry!
I had switched the program to #1 and was sitting on the couch, watching the kids play - and just *listened*. It was amazing - I heard something, focused in on it and then asked Brant if that was jazz music I was hearing. He had to stop the kids and have everyone be super quiet so he could hear.... he was so surprised I could hear it, and hear that it was jazz piano. Especially as he had to strain to hear!!!
It's an adjustment and I'm having to fiddle with the volume & programs. Next week, I go in and she will download all the information from my aid, get my feedback and then finesse the programs and possibly add/subtract programs too. Next week, I will also be getting my "Tek" - a device that looks like a small remote that will allow me to use the bluetooth function in my aid. It'll allow me to use my cell, a gps system, mp3 player, tv & landline phone.
I am so happy. So blessed.
Anyone want to go for a walk with me so I can hear more?
This is an unual type of "ear trumpet." These unusual 'Ohrenbrille doppelt' (literally double earglasses) consists of a pair of auricles made from an early maroon coloured plastic which are secured by means of a metal band around the head. Each auricle has a grille with a curvilinear design. The earpieces can rotate to suit the users proportions so that they fit snuggly into the ear canal. The result is surprisingly effective. Remarkable too that such pieces were still in use as little as 40 years ago. The set comprises of two auricles, the detachable headband and a spare band, a second set of ear pieces and the original box and receipt.

9 comments:
I'm up for a walk anytime! :) Can you believe it - I'm finally commenting on your actual blog instead of emailing you! Congrats on the new hearing aid - I'm so happy for you!
~la gringa :)
Yay, hooray! I am ecstatic for you. Doing a happy dance!:)
My twins were babies when I got mine and I just cried. I had missed so much from my first two as babies, and here I was now able to hear baby noises. I can hear birds too. Love them!
Congratulations! :-)
I'm so very happy for you.
And I'm glad that you're already having so much enjoyment from it.
I'm so happy that you got it.
I am always up for a walk! I am also so excited for you and your new "toy". I just can't imagine how it would feel to hear something so clearly for the first time. I bet it is going to be a huge blessing in your life.
This also gives you an excuse just to sit back and listen...I love the moments where I can sit and observe all that is going on around me, especially outside with all the sounds to be heard.
Congrats!!
Aw, this brought tears of joy to my eyes! I am so happy for you! That is a blessing and must be so wonderful. Congrats and ENJOY!
Yay for you! And you're lucky, too. You can still turn then down when the kids are whiny and tune them out! Hee hee!
Isn't technology a wonderful blessing?! Heavenly Father has blessed you so much! I'm so happy for you & a bit amazed at the advancement of aids. When Mr F. was getting his first set of hearing aids, having options such as yours were NOT an option. I thought that it was just on CI's until I read your post!
HURRAY for hearing music! did I tell you Mr. F plays the piano - BY EAR?!
Ah technology! congratulations!
And as soon as I come to visit, I'll go walking with you. Well, you can walk - I'll waddle. :)
HURRAH!! I'm so glad that it is working so well! I wish I was close enough to go for a walk :) Maybe someday!!
Post a Comment