HRH asked me to post the recipe for Fish Tacos that we had for dinner tonight.
First... you catch a fish. This is a must.
If this fails... or you just can't seem to catch a fish THIS BIG, then head to your nearest Costco and select: Trident Seafoods' Ultimate Fish Sticks. (Seriously, these are the BEST fish sticks ever! I should note... they come FROZEN, not prettily arranged & cooked like the picture below. Oh, and they don't come with grapes or Tartar sauce, daisies, or a sprig of rosemary.)
Next, chop up some onion, lettuce, avocados, cilantro and arrange them in cute little bowls (individual bowls, don't mix them up.)
Quarter up some limes for squeezing.
Pour out in another little bowl some sauce that you'd like. Whether it's Tartar sauce, lime-chipotle, or whatever.
Nuke some tortillas in the microwave.
Set everything out. Bless the food. Then have people assemble their own fish tacos.

HISTORY: Last summer when we stayed at my SIL's house in AZ, my SIL told us we were having "fish tacos!"
This is what I looked like...
I thought it was the weirdest thing... fish sticks wrapped in tortillas?!
Ooookay.... but, guess what? We LOVED them! So, now they're a semi-regular staple on our dinner menu.
Enjoy!



5 comments:
Hmm... I'm not a big fish fan... but maybe we should try this...
The first time I tried fish tacos was in LODO Denver at Wahoo's Fish tacos. THE BEST fish tacos EVER.
Thanks for the recipe, sara! I think we'll be having some fish tacos soon!!!
I was wondering how to spice up fish sticks. My kids love them but they are just so blugh sometimes. Great idea. Thanks for sharing!!!:)
Can we come over for dinner next time you make these? I'm a sucker for good fish sticks and I love anything wrapped in a tortilla.
Love the recipe directions. =)
Sara-you crack me up. We are fans of fish tacos. I'll have to try this one. But first I'll need to dig out the fishing pole....
Post a Comment