My Hero went to take the garbage out tonight and was greeted by (see above... well, I guess I really didn't have to say that, did I? Ah.) It looks to be a HOBO spider. (Did we all just do a collective shudder? Brrhhhh!) Anyway, I'm amazed Hero thought to take a picture of it. I'm shocked that he didn't just kill it right then and there like he's supposed to. (That goes for flying, creeping, crawling... just about any insect that doesn't belong in the general vicinity of me. Which is about 20 yards.) He shows me the pictures and I immediately download them to find comparative photos online. He goes back downstairs and calls up, "Are they dangerous?" I was certain they were but didn't know HOW dangerous so was quickly researching the net. "YES! The males are the MOST DANGEROUS!" I call out, but no answer. Hm. The pictures finished downloading and I unplugged the USB cable from the camera and was about to delete the photos off when I had the thought that perhaps I better not because what if Hero gets bitten? Then he's gonna be ALMOST DYING and I'll need the pics on the camera to show the paramedics when they get here!!! *WHAP!* Huh? *...silence...* "Well, it's now more dead than deadly!" says MY HERO.
Phew.

5 comments:
Thank goodness for hubbies. Mine is the spider killer, too. Ugh. I almost lost it when I clicked on your blog. I don't think I will check back for a while. I have a phobia of big, icky spiders. Thank goodness your hubby didn't get bit.:)
(Thank you also for the sweet message on my last posts.)
It's bees and wasps that I can't stand. I can handle spiders...except that this one would not be so fun to meet face to face. :)
oooh-I hate spiders. I know that my husband would not have even thought to take a picture. You have trained him well.
The picture is nasty-but so glad that you killed it.
Love the cucumber. I am jealous. We didn't get our garden planted until way late, so all of stuff is a little slow. Tomatoes, squash, zuchini. We'll see if the squash ever comes to fruition.
I am with you on the raw tomatoes. YUCK!
Looks like your swap was great. I loved my pkg as well. I forgot to take a picture. It was great!! Thanks for giving me such a great partner!
oh this gives me the heebie jeebies! ACK! Glad hero took care of it. Blech!
Yeah, if that was my hubby he would have seriously ran back into the house screaming my name to "get rid of it."
Post a Comment