Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just a couple of days ago, I received a brown paper package tied up in string... c'mon, you know the words! This was going to be my favorite thing! Okay, it wasn't tied up in string but it was wrapped in brown paper! :) This was seriously, the highlight of my week. Getting a package filled with Alisha's favorite things in a week that was from outer darkness. I'm not yet ready to laugh about my week, but when I am, I'll blog about it and you'll be able to truly appreciate why this box of sunshine was literally a BOX OF SUNSHINE in a week of OUTER DARKNESS! *ahem*


ANYHOO - why did I receive such a delightful package? It's because of the FAVORITE THINGS SWAP 2008. So sorry some of you guys missed out. Seriously, bummer because I know it's not fun when other friends get really cool stuff in the mail and you don't. I feel the pain. Really. SO - make a mental, written note, heck - get a tattoo even (henna preferably) and repeat the following mantra to yourself DAILY: "I WILL TOTALLY, like FER SHURE, do the FAVORITE THINGS SWAP 2009 through SARIQD's BLOG." Okay? Alrighty then. Moving on.

Lovely Alisha - she's so cute! You should really check her blog out. I just really love it. She sent me this.
My Hero got excited.


Until I opened it and saw this:



)

ME?



HAPPY!



Hero?



Not so much.



My Boo & I loved the flip-flops and we had fun with the "NIC'S STICKS by OPI PAINT & GO" Nail Lacquer in "Red Eye to NY" color. Hero painted our toesies. (Thanks Hero! For being such a good sport!) The cardstock - can never have too much of. I'm looking forward to using those for some crafts. The pink/red box is so CUTE! Boo & I are having a bit of a "discussion" as to who gets to keep that. The book - I'm curious to read... our caseworker for our adoptions had this book in her office and she just raved about this book to my Hero one time. So, good! And - may I say it? The creme de la creme? (Does anybody know how to put the accents on the words by the way?) The NOTEBOOK! It's a collection of RECIPES! ALISHA! You have NO IDEA how EXCITED I AM! No, really. My Hero can attest to this. Here - I'll make him blog for a second. Hero? Ohhh HEROOoooo - will you tell Alisha how excited I am about her recipe book and why?



OH THE PRESSURE! Actually this is an easy one! One of SARIQD's FAVORITE THINGS in all the world are recipe books! She's collected them for years...in fact, one glance at our pantry will attest to that...if you look at it, more than 1 of the 5 shelves we have to store our food is stacked...I mean, STACKED with recipes...in books, in binders, in file boxes, anything you can think of! Once SARIQD realized the notebook was a recipe book, SARIQD was going through it like it was the #1 title on the New York Times Bestseller list...and of course, she's already highlighted the ones she wants to try first!



See? There you have it! :) Thank you so much for the package, Alisha!

5 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Oh what fun for you! I loved this so much and am so glad we are going to play again next year. You are the best to host this. Love ya!:) And yay for you to get Alisha's favorite things.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A FUN IDEA!!

I did a similar type of thing with a different (personal) blog I had and loved it.

you now have me pondering even more paring my readers up for Fitness Motivation Partners!

Her Royal Highness said...

What an AWESOME package!!! A recipe book - now THAT is bout 50 gifts all wrapped up in one! Lucky you!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

what an awesome package.

The Moving Circus said...

I am so glad you liked it. Sorry I was a little scatter brained when I sent it and didn't send a letter. I love the slipper flops becaise they are soft but don't make your feet sweat. The book is one of my favorites and has helped me out a lot through my ruff year. The card stock I use for scrabooking and post cards. The nail polish I just thought it was cool. Of course the recipes, that was actually something my husband did for me and I loved it. The pink and red box is just awesome and can store lots of cool things!!

Alisha

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller