"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." ~Vincent Van Gogh~
Saturday, July 26, 2008
I'm posting this pic of a cucumber harvested from my garden this evening for HRH's sake. She's living vicariously through my blog as ... I can't remember, she either didn't plant a garden or something? Anyway - always happy to oblige a friend.
This is the first time we, my family, have ever grown cucumbers. What success we are seeing! We're not being inundated, just one ripe cucumber a day - rather nice, don't you think? Now, if we could just get our TOMATOES to get going! MMmm - sliced tomatoes & cucumbers, with red wine vinegar, salt/pepper, a drizzle of oil & maybe just a bit of chopped green onion or diced red onion. Mmmm!!!
***CONFESSION: This is what I prepare for my Hero & my Boo. They LOVE this. They eat it like CANDY. ME? It's like, well, *sigh* I love cucumbers, don't get me wrong. Tomatoes - mm, I love them cooked in pasta dishes. Raw? Gag me with a fork. So, why do I grow them? Because I like the smell of them on my hands. I just don't like to eat them raw. Sue me. Anyway - isn't cooking for your family, preparing food for your family about love? Well, there you go. I make this nasty, excuse me - lovely dish for my family because THEY love it. And then THEY love ME because I love THEM enough to make it for them. There you have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.
Friedrich von Schiller
Friedrich von Schiller

7 comments:
I'm so jealous. I wish I could grow cucumbers.
Oh, I feel the love. The things we do for it, and the things we do for the ones for it. Wow, cucumbers? I think my hubby is the only ones that like them. Oh, I love the smell of tomatoes on my hands to, delicious scent.:)
I have always been jealous of your mad gardening skillz. Sounds delish!
And your "cami" post had me cracking UP! I miss you so much...
But I didn't know you had this blog! I have different blog listed for you in my reader... Anyhow, that would be why I don't comment on here! Now that I've "found" you again, I'll be a regular. I've so missed your wit!
Mmmm. I love cucumbers. A nice cucumber salad sounds delish right now. Thanks for the post. Next year I will HAVE to plant a garden, just for the cukes!
(And I feel the same way about tomatoes.)
that is a fantastic looking cucumber! good for you! I wish ours would grow. Oh wait, they keep getting eaten. grr...our 2nd attempt hasn't worked out. Out of our seedlings we had four. We're down two. :(
But that cuke-tomato salad sounds super good! Maybe I'll make of that tonight.
thats so cool that you can grow things. I have a brown thumb
Post a Comment