July 10th is going to be a BIG day for me! I'm going to be getting a hearing aid! I've had my old one for ohhhhh about 20+ years. I know - it should be in a museum of really old hearing-aids. Anyway, I stopped wearing it about 10 years ago because it whistled a lot and the ear-mold (not moldy ear, just the ear-piece) gave me a friction blister that the audiologist couldn't ever fix. ANYWAY - I finally did it. I had my hearing test done today and started to cry when I learned just how AMAZING aids are today! They're DIGITAL! They're programmable! They can program it to block out background noise! They can program it so I can hear my kids better in the back seat of the van! They can program it so music sounds more "in-depth." I am soooo excited!
And? It's going to be BLACK! I know, crazy. But, black goes with everything, right? lol!!!
You guys DID know that I'm completely deaf in my left ear, right? That I have moderate to severe deafness in my right? Yep. But, most people would never know it. Yes - I'm bragging. :)

14 comments:
Oh I love hearing aids!!! I am HOH too but I think you knew that. Mine are so great!!! I can talk on the phone w/them in. They have a little button I push for phone, then one to block out background noise, and one for everyday where ever. I cried when I first got them because the audiologist asked how I survived so long w/o them. I told him I have a very patient husband, close caption, and I learned to lip read (that's not always a good thing:O). Oh, the wonderful age of hearing aids. Mine are the big ugly kind, but...I can hear birds!!! Yay for you. I am having a happy dance in my chair for you!:O)
I am so happy for you. :-)
I hope it'll be great (sounds like it will!).
Wow Sari!
I am so excited for you! I've been scrapbooking picture's lately and I came across such a sweet one of you! You were about three years old at my wedding. You had the halter hearing aid thing.
It will be so incredible for you with your new one. I can't wait for you to tell us all about your world of sound now!
And I remember very well your hearing loss. Remember when you were a leader at girl's camp and I was talking to one of the leaders from your ward. She was so impressed by all you were doing. I said I was so proud of you especially with your hearing loss. She said SHE DOESN'T have a hearing loss! I said , yes she does and it's quite severe. Totally in one ear and like 75% in the other ear. She still would not believe me!You are WONDER WOMAN!
Hey I'm putting my blog to private (long story) email me and I'll send you an invite. apy@comcast.net
black does go with everything
no one deserves it more that you do Sara. I expect you to practice piano more. I bet playing piano will be very exciting. You play it so beautifully; I can't wait for you te hear what the rest of us have been hearing you do on the instrument
:D Happy! I will miss the whistle though. Good times, good times... ;)
YAY!!! You know that Mr. fantastic has a CI - hearing aids didn't do squat for him. But as for YOU - This is going to be an amazing experience! I hope you tell us what your favorite sounds are now that you can hear better.
But you know, talking to you on the phone, you never once said, "Uh, could you say that again?". I think I was the one saying that!
Congratulations!!!!
love you sister
mattt
yay!!!
that is sooooo awesome, eeka!!! i had no idea you weren't wearing a hearing aid. it sounds (woohoo!) like it's going to be so much better. yay for sararararara!!!!! love you tons and tons!!
Black is beautiful!! I'm glad that you are able to get hearing aides to help out! I had a good friend growing up who wore them. Every now and again he'd take them out... I think he got tired of listening to me babble on and on ;)
Oh my gosh! I am sooooooooooo stinkin happy for you! FINALLY! Wow, what an overwhelming moment this must've been. Can't even imagine what'll soon be like for you once you're wearing it. I'm really happy for you.
Mwah!
-buf
P.S. the strawberries we have, no idea what variety they are. They're in their 2nd year so that's why they're producing big time this year. They're plants left from last year's gardener so we thank her every time we see more strawberries to pick. :)
WAHOO!!!
I had no clue you were deaf. I wondered because of your accent but that was the only clue. I'm excited for you. My grandpa is always amazed, everytime he gets a new hearing aid, at the amazing advancements that are made. Hoping it is everything you want and more. =)
Post a Comment