Friday, June 20, 2008

Ahhh... it is GOOD to be back home! But you know... I don't feel like talking about how it was like, living out of suitcases for 3 weeks. I don't feel like talking about how it was awkward living at the in-laws, who are used to peace & quiet. I don't feel like talking about how much we spent on GAS having to trek back & forth to get Boo to school & back again. I don't feel like talking about how we literally ached for our own bed so our shoulders & hips wouldn't hurt. I don't feel like talking about the transition was especially hard on Boo. I don't feel like talking about how Hero & I would just sneak off to our room and watch movies on our portable dvd player just so we could be ALONE.

No. I don't feel like talking about any of that.

What I DO feel like talking about is Megan. She is so cute! Her family is so cute! Her blog is so cute! (And funny!) And she was my swap partner. I met her through Tausha's post on doing a swap. Let me tell you, I really enjoyed getting some things put together for her and sending it off. (Sorry Megan - that the package was kinda smushed!) I love her forever for sending me a bit of sunshine in the mail in the midst of a pretty cruddy time with the kitchen/black mold/junk stuff.





FYI Megan? I didn't eat the M&M's in one sitting... and I refuse to comment any further than that. ;-)

4 comments:

yardsnacker said...

Aw sad for the tough times, but glad you are back safe and sound as a pound!

~Sam

Megan said...

I am glad that you are back and doing fine. My package was not nearly as well put together as yours...so cute! But let's just say we have been having some problems ourselves...down to one car and by the time my hubby got home from work I got to the post office at 5:30 PM exactly on our deadline to ship it - I just got a huge glare from the worker. Booooo!

I hope you really liked it - I remember you talking about how you went walking and had painted your toe nails so I tried to incorporate things you liked too....even though it may look random :)

I really loved your package! (my sis kind of got hosed with her swap partner - so she was so jealous of all the awesome stuff you sent me) Thanks again!

Her Royal Highness said...

I'm glad you're home!

So you didn't eat them in one sitting? What, it's not like you sat down, ate a few, stood up (with M&M's in hand) and walked to a different location, sat down and finished the bag, right? Oh yeah, you're not commenting further - got it!

Ally said...

Uh, sadly, I could down all those M&M's in one sitting.... Yeah, I'm not proud of it.

So happy to hear you've been re-established in your home - welcome home!!

Even if we go on a little 3-day mini-vacation, I am never so happy to be back home and in my own bed.

And hooray about the new kitchen. :)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller