YES. I took this picture.
YES. I touched its shell.
YES. Crabs gross me out.
YES. This was the COOLEST THING EVER!
.
Recently, Hero & I had the opportunity to go to Marina Beach in Edmonds, Washington. Seriously, it's our favorite beach ever! Why did we go? It was Boo's final field trip of the school year. It was misty weather (Seattlelites know what I'm talking about) and it ALSO happened to be the lowest tide in over a decade!!!
And mussels. This first picture - these mussels are actually only about 1/4-1/2 inch big. Yeah, I know - cool camera. The second one - are the same mussels but it's to show you how it's attached to the piling of the deck... See how it comes to a point? The whole MIDDLE SECTION has been rotted away so that particular piling is essentially... just hanging there!
This is just ONE of the starfish we found.





8 comments:
SO FUN!! We used to go to the tide pools at Canon Beach in Oregon. The kids had a blast looking for little creatures. Sounds like a perfect class trip to me!
Great pics! You've got a great eye ma dear!
How COOL!!! Great pics. Cute boots...I've got cute boots too that we should totally where them out together some time. :)
I can't believe I used "where" instead of "wear." :(
great pictures. Cute boots
Oh, lots of fun!!! I miss the coast. Love the boots!:)
That is an AWESOME field trip! Can't wait for more beach days to appear this summer!
Your kids are still in school?!?!?
I am SOOOO jealous. I wish that I could go to the tide pools. I remember going in CA as a kid - I loved it, and crabs don't gross me out. You are a brave woman for tackling that crab, yes ma'am!
I love your boots, too! Uber cute!
Post a Comment