Wow... we have a new president! After that crazy ride, we now have President Obama.
Now, let's go to the neighborhood...
Yesterday, one of my visiting teachers (who is elderly) was expressing the upcoming relief she would experience when this election was over because then there would be something good on tv again! Apparently she had just had enough with flipping through the channels and not being able to enjoy her regular programming. lol!
This morning, Boo & I were greeted by several little girls in her class. They were all trying to talk over each other and I had no clue what they were saying. I finally asked one and she said, "We have the wrong president!!! The right people got the wrong president!" I hope I did okay by saying to this group, "You know, I'm so glad that you guys watched and learned about the voting and the elections. It's okay to feel bummed if the man you wanted to win didn't win. We can't change anything right now about that. But what we can do is support the new president and help him by being good people and making good choices ourselves. We can help him make good choices too by letting him know how we feel about things and what we can do to work things out. It's going to be okay. Alright? We're a team!" Surprisingly, the girls all took deep breaths and nodded and went on their way. Calmed... I don't know by my spouting off or if it's just a grown-up getting down to their level and talking in a calm voice. Regardless, it tickled me that they were so concerned about it... and that they also saw that it was not the end of the world.
6 comments:
I'm so anxious to have my son say cute things all the time!
Thank you for commenting on my blog today. I love your blog, you are a very clever writer! I will be adding your blog to my list to follow, if that's okay. ;)
I've been amazed at how many people are whining and complaining this morning. I get it. The guy I wanted to win didn't win. But guess what? I can't change it! MOVE ON!! I love what you said to the girls! I think it was perfect!!
Well put! I love the way you put it to the girls. I also think there ought to be, and will be, a lot of praying for this man. I know you couldn't say it to the girls, but those are my thoughts along with yours.:)
Yeah!
I really like what you told the children! I think it's so bad for the nation to be constantly criticizing the President, and it's just not productive!
Well said Sara! You may not know it, but someone else may have overheard what you said to those girls, too. And maybe that's exactly what they needed to hear.
I'm thinking that those girls' parents were in a tizzy and that's why THEY were in a tizzy. Glad you were able to help them see the bigger picture.
Post a Comment