Dear Son,
Yes, you. The soon-to-be middle child of mine. I love you. In fact, I love you more than my luggage! What I do not love is the fact that you think the stairs is a playground. More specifically, a multi-level parking lot for your little trains, blocks, cars, and other small, hard toys. It makes for precarious footing for this pregnant momma of yours and I live in constant fear that someday I'm going to trip on one and break my leg when falling down the stairs. Incidentally, I never had this fear before until I heard the story of your father leaving something on the stairs and his OWN MOTHER, YOUR GRANDMOTHER, tripped on it and broke her leg when she was 8 months pregnant. My handsome Tiger, my Little Man.... please pick up your toys.
With all my love,
Mommy
~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Daughter,
Ah yes, my lovely princess! With your gorgeous eyes, hair & beautiful smile. I don't think you fully realize how much your joy in life brings sunshine to my heart. Yet, when you're feeling badly because of poorly made choices, it's like the sunshine was suddenly turned off. Please know, a lot of that comes from knowingly making bad choices. I KNOW that you can do better. How do I know? One - because I've SEEN you make better choices. And two - because I know that you know when you're making bad choices, it never ends up well. My dearest Boo, I love you no matter what. It's hard to believe but it's true. One of the best things we can do is to make better choices. I know it's not always easy, especially if friends aren't being the best examples. BUT, be your OWN example. Kids will remember their friend who always stood up for what's right. Trust me on this. Finally, remember what I always say? "You're always the perfect size for my arms to give a hug." That will never, ever, EVER change. No matter what. I love you. I love you. I love you.
Yours Truly,
Momma
~~~~~~~~~
Dear Husband,
You do lovely things for me. Rubbing my feet, back, shoulders... a lot of it during the night when I'm struggling with insomnia. You also shop for groceries, plan dinners, do the dishes and play with the kids. All while I'm sitting on the couch (or lying down) due to this pregnancy exhausting me. I hope that I'm able to express how much I appreciate all that you've been doing for me and our family. It's hard I know, when you're also putting in a full day's work too plus preparing lessons to teach at church. I don't know when things will get back to "normal." But I do know that I love you. And... ***REST OF LETTER OMITTED DUE TO PERSONAL NATURE***
Yours in this life and the next,
Wife
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Unborn Son,
You have certainly put this house in an uproar with your presence. It's been an adventure for me and the whole family to see the progress of your growing body. A miracle too. We're all excited to meet you. Yes, I'm excited too. Don't know about the HOW you're coming part, but I do know that every time I see a little wee babe, it makes my heart pound with anticipation of someday soon, holding & loving you. I love you already! Keep growing healthy and strong, my little one.
Your grateful -
Mommy
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear cats,
You know I love you. Your warmth, cuddliness, softness and even your snootiness. HOWEVER, what I do NOT love is you using the patch of dirt right outside my front door as your personal litter box. Seriously. Of all the patches of dirt right here in this neighborhood, why mine? It's where I park the kids' bikes and where Hero puts his garden tools. (Bit of irony, no?) It's really grossing me out. Please go somewhere else. Literally. Otherwise, we'll be putting sharp things there so as to make it no-cats-land. Just sayin'.
Sincerely,
Human
2 comments:
love the letters...sometimes so true
Oh Sara, you crack me up but I also had tears over the sweet letter to baby. I'm excited for you to meet him! And of course, I can't wait to meet him too.
Post a Comment