Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do this on your own blog and let me know too!

Making... lists. For hospital, kids, things to do, things to sell, etc., etc.
Cooking... nothing at the moment. Just going to reheat some enchiladas for dinner and then figure out what to bake for dessert.
Reading... Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. While I love this book, I'm only reading it because all of my other books are packed away. Why not go to the library, you say? It is IMPOSSIBLE to do so with kids running all over.
Wanting... new fabrics. Not that I'd make anything with them at the moment but I just love it. Which is why I am NOT going to host a fabric-swap on my blog. I would be tempted to tell everyone to send them to me and just keep them instead of sending them on to other swapees. Just keeping it real. Btw... I'm really into aqua/turquoise, pinks & oranges.
Looking... at my calendar and wondering if I can schedule some more playdates.
Playing... with the idea of setting up an etsy shop. What would I sell? I dunno. I think just having a shop on etsy would just be fun!
Wasting... time. Ugh. My challenge is that I am so TIRED that I don't want to do anything. Nor care about anything.
Sewing... nothing. I do have some really cute fabrics to make a boy quilt. I'd like to make it for this unborn child of mine but again... so tired.
Wishing... that people still wrote letters. There is nothing like discovering a letter or a note from a friend in the mailbox. A little bit of sunshine right there!
Enjoying... the sounds of kids actually getting along and playing together.
Waiting... for my husband to come home. He centers me and helps me not feel so frazzled.
Liking... bananas, chocolate ice-cream & caramel together. It's my new craving that I don't mind having! Bananas for the potassium, chocolate for the endorphins & caramel just for sweetness... lol!!!
Wondering... if I can keep on with this list. My creativity is being sapped away...
Loving... being a pregnant momma.
Hoping... that this baby doesn't negatively impact the relationships I have with our adopted children.
Marvelling... at how mature my daughter can be and yet, at the same time how much she still needs her momma.
Needing... a massage, a girls' night out where she can DRESS UP and have dangly earrings on. Heck, I'd even take a DATE night with my Hero! (Love you Hero! haha!)
Smelling... the enchiladas warming up in the oven. Yum.
Wearing... frumpy clothes. Meh.
Following... too many blogs. A lot of them because they were just "pretty" with all the crafty stuff they're doing. Now, I'm cleaning out my google-reader and choosing ones to follow that have crafts that I will actually DO. (i.e. SIMPLE tutorials) and also the ones that are inspirational.
Noticing... that if I can get fresh air, I'm in much better spirits and can be a better parent/wife.
Knowing... that about me, I really need to make sure I DO that. Get OUT.
Thinking... that I should start planning activities again with my family. I need to make sure I don't keep using my tiredness as an excuse all the time.
Bookmarking... quilting blogs & mormon mom based blogs.... oh and cooking ones too. Rather silly seeing how I just deleted a bunch. Ah well.
Opening... the fridge to see if there's anything good to munch on tonight while Hero is at basketball tonight.
Giggling... at the thought of actually getting out of the house tomorrow! WOOHOO!
Feeling... content. When all is said & done, I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Fun! And the whole library thing, you could just put some books on hold then just go pick them up (or have hubby do it - wink!). Might be easier than taking the kids on a library trip. ;) Can't wait to see your pregnant self soon!

Her Royal Highness said...

I did it! Come and read!
And I love your lists!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller