Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blessings are a big thing in my church. I am grateful for them. What I am even more grateful for is my husband being worthy to use the priesthood to administer a blessing. I had asked him awhile ago for one and life just got busy. My dear friend HRH was chatting with me online and asked if I had one yet. No... she promptly told me to get one at that moment and signed off. She's kind of bossy... and I love her for it. :)  My husband then had me say a prayer and then he proceeded to administer a blessing of comfort to me. In it, he stated that I would be able to find those that could help me with this depression. That I would be able to talk about it with them. And you know what? I started talking with people who I don't normally talk in-depth with. No, I didn't immediately plunge into the subject of depression. It just came naturally and I was able to realize that I am so not alone in struggling with depression. Wow. There are a lot of you out there! And while I am not happy that there are so many of us that struggle with it, I am eternally grateful for the experiences & insights that you have to share. My burdens don't seem quite as heavy. Just by somebody saying, "I'm here. I get it. It's hard. But brighter days WILL come. I know from experience." helps me tremendously.

Thank you.

I love you.

I am indebted to you.

And tomorrow, I am calling the doctor to see about getting some extra help so I can be whole again.

5 comments:

Rozemary said...

so glad you are finding support. As I said before, I am always here, I can relate and I will always listen.
good job seeing the Doc. I know it can be a bit scary, but it will change your world! :)

Lisa Merkley said...

I'm here for you if you need a bit of a chat sometime. You ARE all that and a bag of chips, too.

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I know you have lots of people who are close, but if you ever want to chat I'm here for ya. Glad you are going to see your dr. Loves.:)

Her Royal Highness said...

You're welcome.
I love you.
I expect a report tomorrow from you, you know. :)

HiHoRosie said...

This makes me happy. Knowing there is hope and that you have such loving support, esp from those who've been there. Again, I love that you're working on taking control. That right there tells me that yes, your brighter days are around the corner.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller