Yesterday, I was so blue that I told my husband I would be going out for a bit. Didn't know where exactly but then I decided to go for a walk. I went to Brackett's Landing that is right by the ferry here. Didn't find any seashells so I went to Marina beach which is on the otherside of the ferry terminal. I was the only one on the beach. I had my music playing on yet I could still hear the waves crashing. (No, I did not have any new-age stuff on.) I walked up and down that beach, pausing here and there to see if there was a shell that was whole. Sometimes pausing to just look out at the gray scenery. It started raining and did I have my umbrella? No. And I didn't mind it one bit. I loved getting drenched. Rain was dripping down my face, my hair was falling out of the ponytail, my coat while warm was getting a wee bit heavy from the rain. (Fleece really holds a lot of water!) Just being by myself at my most favorite beach did a lot to calm my frayed nerves, soothe my aching heart, and refresh my outlook on life. And I totally scored on seashells!
"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." ~Vincent Van Gogh~
Saturday, June 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.
Friedrich von Schiller
Friedrich von Schiller

4 comments:
I take pictures (very, very good. I eat (very bad). I cry (very good). I write on my private blog (very good). I write in CM (very good).
I do some yoga!
So glad to get to spend a little bit of time with you today!!! I LOVED IT! You look great! I still can't get over the fact that now we are the grown ups... how'd that happen?!
I read a book in a bubble bath. And sometimes I let myself have a good cry at the same time. It's nice just to let emotion take over sometimes.
Pretty seashells :)
I haven't gotten to that point in a long time. The other day I ran away. I went to the soccer fields, parked the car and started walking down the bike path. After walking 1 1/2 miles I went to the store and did some window shopping and then dropped off a gift for a friend.
That is the closest I've gotten to a zen-like moment in a LOOONG time. Hopefully there will be some of those moments next week when I go away for 3 days.
However, if I lived near a beach, I'd do exactly what you did.
Post a Comment