This is what I'm aiming for as I crawl, scramble, clutch my way out of this depression...
Dear sariqd:
I've lost you. I don't know if you've decided to take a hiatus or if you're just waiting quietly for me to re-discover how fabulous you are. I'd like to invite you back into my life as I'm told that you're good for me. I've been told that you're beautiful and very unique... With you back in my life to validate my feelings and understand my hurt, I'll be able to again know happiness and be able to lift myself up when I'm feeling down. To feel smart and resourceful would help me feel appreciated. I believe you would listen to me with undivided attention and recognize when I need to re-prioritize to ensure I don't run on fumes. Which is never a healthy thing.
You love my kids and realize that the time as children is limited and that kids must hold the highest of priority for each moment is precious. I believe that you never blame me for things that are not my responsibility or for misfortune that I have nothing to do with (from past or from present.) I know that at the end of the day, you respect and value me as a person. You have my back; you speak kindly about me never criticising and truly make me seem wanted. I know that I need to allow myself to be able to feel safe and protected while in your company.
Come back, sariqd. Without you, I would not be this incredible person who "gets" me; for whom I am proud to have in my life and cherish always. Lets reintroduce ourselves, to that magnificent person that I've met somewhere along the line named "me."
Truly,
Sara
3 comments:
So I take it you either haven't called your midwife yet or the drugs still haven't kicked in.
In either sense, I'm sorry. I hope it's the drugs - sometimes they take a couple of weeks to work. I hope you've called your midwife - because that letter is beautiful.
Give me her number, I'll call her for you.
Love you.
:( So sorry you aren't feeling like yourself. I've been there. Its not fun at all! I hope you find her soon.
beautifully written. I can relate.
You are special and unique. hugs!
Post a Comment