Did you know that if I don't know how to get there, I won't go? Doesn't matter if you give me detailed directions, my anxiety levels just shoot up and I get a headache - thereby, having a reason to not go. If I can't have my husband take me or even go FOR me, I'll just not go.
When I was in AZ last month, guess what I had to do? While it may not seem like a big deal to you, it certainly was for me. I had to drive to the airport by myself (w/baby in tow) and return the rental car too. You know what my husband did? He borrowed his parents' GPS system for me. That thing saved my sanity. While I still was anxious as all get out, I MADE IT! I actually was able to drive there BY MYSELF in an unknown area and MADE IT! WOOT!
When we got home, you know what else my Hero did for me? He bought me a GPS system. For reals! I ♥ it. It's like, somebody is holding my hand while I venture into the wild. You know, the wilds of the city. (Hey, there ARE some wild parts there! Not that I have reason to venture into those wild parts.... yikes.)
My sis (Princess of Monkey Town) is having her baby blessed in October... and I was brave enough to buy plane tickets to go down without Hero. I'll be renting a car for the weekend. I'm anxious but I feel like it's manageable. And I so cannot wait to hold my new niece!
I talked with my husband about my fear of venturing out and he told me that it's good for me when I actually accomplish something. It's been restoring bits & pieces of my self-confidence. You know, I didn't used to be like this. At ALL. Hm.
Just read over this post... it's rather all over the place. Sorry, peeps.
6 comments:
I was wondering if we'd need to pick you up or not. :) I'm so excited to see you sissy! And, I'm even more excited that you took such a big step. I remember this summer when I took myself to the movies all by my lonesome. It may seem like a small endeavor to some, but for me, it was like climbing a mountain. So,good for you! Any success, big or small, will do wonders!!! Love you!
I'm so proud of you! I wish I was going too but glad you're getting to go. Give baby O an extra from me.
And like what Stacey was saying about the movies, I felt pretty dang cool when I did that. It was weird but I can say I've done and didn't mind it. Still fun to go with someone but if I want to go to the movies, I can.
Just so proud of you girlie!
an extra HUG that is. i never proof read.
I can identify...things that seem not so hard for some are huge things for others..I am so happy that you could accomplish that fear/goal. Way to go!
You know what, I have the same problem... only when trying to find my kid's friends houses, though. I don't mind getting lost in a strange city on vacation, because side trips just seem like part of the adventure! But trying to see the dumb street signs on meandering residential streets at night when trying to figure out how to drop off/pick up a kid at X:00 at night?! UGH!
Course, there was that one time when I COULD NOT find the dumb address with H sitting right there next to me assuring me she had written down the correct numbers. It was impossible! The address she had written DID NOT EXIST! Finally she called the friend and found out that the address was a PLEASANT GROVE address... not AMERICAN FORK!!
Oh. Wrong city. Sorry mom.
Harumph!
Have a great time in Monkey Town!!!
Do you remember when we were in SLC and Ingrid (Popeye's GPS) took us to he airport? I started reading your post and thought, "Oh no, Hero's GPS did the same thing ours did." SOOO glad that wasn't the case!
Congrats on your accomplishment. I'd be lost in the middle of America without Ingrid. Seriously.
Post a Comment