Ick.
Things are a little shaky now that I'm no longer on my happy pills...
But I'm determined to pull through it.
Through running.
It's interesting to see that when I don't run, I think about it a LOT.
Don't get me wrong - I still have the "I don't feel like going, I'm too cold/tired, I just wanna stay home, wah-wah-wah" battle EVERY time I'm scheduled to go running with my friend.
But once I get going - I'm finding that I'm liking it.
The feeling of my lungs opening up and taking in all that fresh air.
The feeling of my heart working and getting stronger.
The sense of accomplishment each time I can go for longer stretches.
The feeling of finding balance... in my thoughts and emotions.
I really am hoping and praying that through this, I won't have a need to go back on those happy little things.
I'm hoping that I won't be stupid in not recognizing if I need that extra help again and getting it.
Btw - I do have an excellent support system in the form of Hero who is helping me recognize when things are sliding and when things are going well.
I love him.
Now, if somebody could just talk to Mother Nature about cranking up the heat a little bit? That would help a great deal too!
Arizona is looking mighty fine.... ;)
5 comments:
Good for you! Hope things continue to go well and love that you have such good support and love surrounding you. And I'm with you on the heat thing - warm up already! It's nearly May!
Good for you!! I wont be going off my happy pills anytime soon ;) I'm jealous that your running. I would run but I HATE it. I don't have your determination :) Let's get together soon please!!
I am SO proud of you! Way to stick with it and work through it! I've come to the same conclusion about running. I feel so much better after I've done it. :)
Keep it up, girl...You can do it!
I can not be without my happy pills. They are with me forever. However, I would love to learn to run and get that euphoric feeling. Arizona? Really? It would be easier to meet that way. Love you so much. You are such a wonderful friend.
Post a Comment