Sunday, April 10, 2011

So, remember how awesome I was feeling after day 2 of running? That afternoon I got hit with the worst headache ever. And believe me, as a migraine-girl, I know what I'm talking about. We went over to Hero's parent's house so I could take a hot bath (they have a huge tub) for my achy legs and uh oh... I got sick. I was sick until the next morning. Then had absolutely no energy to do anything.

While I was resting a lot on my bed the next day, my beautiful 8yo daughter took it upon herself to take care of her brothers. At one point, she brought the baby up and said he was a little too much for her to handle so I told her that I would get up but just give me a couple of minutes to get my head together. She looked at me and said, "Mom? You know what? You can nap again. He'll be fine. I've got it."

*sniff* That was a very mature thing she did. I felt very proud of her and also humbled in that she recognized how much it helped me to be able to rest and not have to worry about the kids. I just love that sweet girl of mine so much!!!

Now, tomorrow - we're running again. I'm looking forward to it. A little scared that I'll pass out or fall down but honestly looking forward to it. I'm doing something that I never thought I'd do. RUNNING. Not only is it great for my health, it is great for my emotional well-being. I feel as though... I'm gaining power back. Power to be ME. To fight off the vestiges of depression that had me feeling powerless, sad and lonely. Smiles come naturally to my face instead of having to make a conscious effort to plant one on.

It. Is. Awesome.

3 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

I love this post. :D
HUGS!

HiHoRosie said...

Okay, first comment didn't work so I'm trying again...hope you don't get a bazillion comments from me (I kept refreshing w/no luck).

I love her! What a beautiful daughter - inside and out. She makes me smile too and I'm so impressed by how amazing she is. But it's no wonder she's so amazing - she has an amazing mom! ;)

Sorry to hear about your migraine. Hopefully you're feeling better. Good for you for willing to keep going too. It's not easy to start a new exercise routine just because it stirs up all the muck inside, probably why I'm procrastinating starting one myself. I just need to do it and remember the ickies are only temporary. Take care of yourself - rest and drink lots of water. Now, time for me to get moving.

Rosanna said...

:)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller