Monday, May 19, 2008

Hero's love for our children is apparent in his willingness to "wrassle" with them, color in coloring books, pointing out things in nature, walking with them. Teaching them certain principles of the Gospel, guiding them in ways of being thoughtful of others, helping them understand choices have consequences. Good and bad. Swimming with them and encouraging them to hold their breaths so they can see how different things are underwater. De-tangling the latest lassos used to capture the panda bears. Singing, "Pick up! Pick up! Everybody, everywhere!" while helping them clean up their rooms. Or resorting to using a voice filled with such excitement that he can convince them to play the "limpi - r" game (spelled phonetically) which is essentially, cleaning up their room. Reading books to them even when he's so tired and can barely see straight. Making up stories that involve dragons & such at bedtime. Being patient when the kids clothes don't quite match. Fixing their owies with words of comfort. Hugging them when they're sad or feeling lonely.

Thank you for all you do for our children. Happy 13th Anniversary... I love you.

4 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

It's been 13 years?????????!!!!!!!!! Holey Moley!

Well, congrats you two kids! It's obvious you still adore and are so in love with each other.

Hugs to you all!

Ally said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations on 13 years! You know, I have always loved my Husband, but when he became a dad... wow! It was amazing how that love increased... and continues to increase as I watch him with the kids! Thanks for that wonderful reminder!!

Ice Cream said...

Wow, I haven't been able to blog around the way I usually do and have missed a ton of your posts. I've been reading through them, though, and it sounds like you have grown by leaps and bounds through your struggles.

Hero has always struck me as being a very good daddy, and husband. I'm still drooling over the shoes he bought you. That takes a lot of man talent.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller