Thursday, October 02, 2008

Two things I saw today that made me both shudder and laugh and wish passionately that I had a camera to snap it all up to share with you all.

1) A young girl was in line across from Boo and she was just all smiles & chatter. So cute. She had on this little kerchief on her head with little curls cascading down. A few minutes later I happened to glance back at her and noticed she had taken her kerchief off and she was playing with it. . . . . . . . and the curls? They were SEWN ON TO THE KERCHIEF! It was the oddest thing and it made me thing of scalpings. It was too heebie-jeebie for me.

2) A skinny man was standing on the corner and he was wearing something shiny and white. From his shoulders down to his knees. Shiny, white & smooth. With the letters, "KOHL'S" emblazoned across his chest, hips and knees. Huh? He was wearing a plastic garment bag from the Kohl's department store. He had his head through the top and then had stuck wholes in the sides for his arms to go through. Well! How clever was that to protect his clothes from the rain? Hm. Too bad he didn't have a regular-sized bag for his briefcase.

7 comments:

Lisa Merkley said...

I just hope he really had clothes underneath the bag...you never know!!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

thats funny maybe he should have brought a baggie for his suitcase

Lisa said...

Both of those are crazy! So did the girl have hair too, or just the stuff on the hat?

Her Royal Highness said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I wonder if an umbrella was just a little too much of an expense for him.
Scalpings - love it!

Anonymous said...

That is way to funny!

Charlotte said...

Lisa summed up my thoughts exactly! And the poor little girl - was she a cancer patient or something?

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Snicker, Snort, BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH! I can just imagine the man in the Kohl's bag. Only in Washington! That would have been great for the pics. Oh, and the bandana? Too creepy!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller