Monday, October 12, 2009

Ahh... my poor sweet Boo. She is NOT happy with the news that we are expecting a baby boy. Upon telling her the news, these are some of the statements she made throughout the evening.

"But that means I won't get a bunkbed!" and she burst into tears.

"I'm NOT going to tell ANYBODY." as she stomped upstairs.

"Mom? I'm going to write pages and pages of reasons of why I don't like boys." Said with a scowl on her face & arms folded.

"I've been waiting like, since I was FOUR to have a baby sister!" With a look of desperation.

"See? (After her brother gets one of her toys) THAT'S why I don't like brothers..." Glaring at her little brother.

"Why are all the girls so happy about it?" Referring to all of the aunts, girlfriends, grandmas. She was only slightly mollified when it was explained to her that all these women are MOMS and they just get excited for ANY baby to come.

We told her, "You don't have to get used to the idea right now..." as Hero & I looked at each other with a mixture of humor, concern and apprehension.

Good times!

5 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

Oh how funny!
She'll get used to it. That baby will come and she will LOVE him! Mr. Fantastic was SO upset that Thor was a boy. He got over it after a few weeks. Boo will be fine!

And congrats again!!!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

she'll be fine once she see's the baby. My kids all went through it. Hugs.Congrats on having a Boy.

Steph said...

Poor little Boo! If it's any consolation, my kids can testify that being an annoying sibling is not isolated to the male gender only. Her little brothers will likely never borrow her clothes without asking, steal her boyfriends, or get into other cat-fights with her.
I never had a sister growing up, but my husband's sisters are wonderful substitutes, and my little brother is one of my best friends (now that we're adults - lol).
I can sympathize on the bunkbed issue, though. Bunkbeds are awesome.

Kate said...

You know, you could surprise her with a bunk bed anyway. We bought a bunk bed for Will even though he didn't 'need' two beds. We found the extra bed extremely useful for those times when more people slept over than actually live here. Sleep overs or family visits, an extra bed is always handy!
And congrats again!

Summer said...

That is so funny! All of her comments. What a character.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller