Saturday, October 03, 2009

Conference! Did you watch it? (Or listen?)

I didn't think to jot down notes until half-way through the 1st session. But this is what stood out to me...

Russel T. Osguthorpe:
*With faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, anything is possible.
*Can those I teach feel the love that I have for them?
*Learning & Teaching are not optional in the gospel of Christ.

David A. Bednar:
*Express love & show it.
*Not enough to know more, we need to do more.
*We'll never regret the kind words expressed (incomplete quote from Pres. Monson).
*Such love is the source of strength.
*When was the last time you've shared your testimony to your spouse, children, others?
*Being consistent (family prayer, scripture study, FHE)
*We may not see instant results (as in spiritual edification/growth) but it will come in long term. The sum of it all will produce a masterpiece...
*Be not weary in doing small things... you are laying of foundation of a great work.
*Children are most sensitive to recognizing hypocrisy.
*Thou shalt not bear false witness - lead by example!

What did you learn? Or re-learn (as such is the case with me... over and over!)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I have always enjoyed conference. My daughter used to make little conference booklets for herself so she could concentrate better.
Today we enjoyed cleaning the house together while listening. I liked the talk about expressing your love and testimony to your spouse, parents, and children. I hope my kids tuned into that because love is not always spoken here.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller