Thursday, March 06, 2008

Have you ever had a time where your thoughts just keep racing through your mind and sometimes, you just say, "STOP!" Just to catch your breath? My thoughts have just been racing through my mind the past few days and here are just a few bullet-point items.

*I need to spend more time with Boo. She's at school all day and when she comes home, I start making dinner and doing last-minute pick-up before Hero gets home. We have dinner and then it's time to clean up the kitchen, get jammies on and then the day is done. I really don't like this. I remember being her age and being left to my own devices. Fortunately for me, I had a sis (still do! lol) that is just a year younger than me and we would play together. Boo doesn't have that. She's 4 years older than Little Man and that's quite a span of years for kids. Now that I'm thinking more consciously of it - I hope to change the afternoon routine. Letting her cook with me, reading together, playing together. I've bought airplane tickets for just Boo & I for Spring Break. We're going to be flying to visit my sisters & cousins in the Carolinas. I'm really looking forward to just being Mom & Boo.

*I need to stop being lazy. YES - I get lazy. It's easy to do when I've been fighting migraines & backaches. I surprised myself that I actually have been following through with the chiropractor and getting help there. They've begun to reduce my headaches and I'm noticing that my hip doesn't want to give out anymore and my back is feeling stronger than it has in years. Since starting chiro-therapy, I've been walking twice a day and pushing myself to walk faster each time. Another benefit of this? I'm getting SUNSHINE which helps put me in a perky mood... which helps me be more energetic in getting things done. I forget how depressed I get when I just sit around.

*I need to stop being insecure. Is that possible to just stop *snaps* just like that? I don't know... but just recognizing how different I am now compared to when I was a Young Adult, wow - huge difference. I used to be the one that would have parties at my house every weekend. I used to be the one with a ton of friends. I used to be the one that was NEVER shy and would just GET OUT THERE. I perhaps should clarify - - - marriage did NOT make me a reclusive sort. I just began having different experiences that I did not know how to handle. (I.E. infertility & short-minded busybodies gossipping about how selfish I was, being hard-of-hearing & having an accent and people being impatient with that (face it - when you're single & cute, guys LIKE that accent! ha ha! yadda yadda yadda.)

Anyway... in relation to the epiphany post that I had written earlier... I've been having these thoughts where I say, "A-HA! That's why this is that way." I'm thankful that I've been having these thoughts because 1) I can do something about it and 2) When I can change certain behaviors (or thoughts), it helps me and my family.

2 comments:

Ally said...

Those items sound like a good game plan to me!

You've been at my blog lately. I think the being grateful and paying more attention to the successes and happy moments goes a long way toward alleviating some of those insecurities. I suffer from those too, but mostly because I consider myself a failure many times. Seeing the ways in which I'm actually NOT failing but doing some good, NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE ACHIEVEMENT, helps with that.

I'm sorry you've been in pain, but glad the chiro-therapy is helping. I don't know what I'd do without my chiro!! I just wish I had the money to go every time I really needed it.

Good luck! :) (The Spring Break trip with Boo sounds positively delightful!)

Ice Cream said...

I'm trying harder to spend more time with Cookie. I love the idea of a vacation with just the two of you.

I could use a little less laziness too. I'm using the pregnancy as an excuse and all it's doing is hurting me.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller