Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I wished we had instant teleporting. Or even tesseracting would be good. Anything except for a long plane ride with snacks that you either bring from the overly-priced shops at the airport or the nasty snacks you have to buy on the plane that consists of pretzels & a granola bar. Grody.

Ah well.

Boo & I are traveling across the country tomorrow for a week to visit some family. We are both excited to go on this special vacation as "Just us girls." I'm really looking forward to us spending time with my sisters & nieces & nephews out there. I'm excited that Boo will get a chance to meet her cousins in person, rather than in pictures.

I'm nervous though... not about the flight or traveling with my sweet Boo. I'm nervous about what's going to become of my two boys at home. Hero & Little Man fending for themselves. I'm concerned that the routine that I've instilled into Little Man will go kaput and that it will take me LONGER than a week to get him back into it. I'm concerned about Hero getting a little overwhelmed with taking care of Little Man. I know I shouldn't be because after all, Hero took care of Little Man as a newborn for a week while I was home with our daughter. (Long story - for another time - maybe.)

What it really boils down to is, I'm going to miss my boys like crazy. I don't like not being able to wind down at the end of the day with Hero. I don't like not getting my good morning hugs & kisses from Little Man when I come to scoop him out of his crib. I don't like not being here to see my boys wrestling to see who can get to Momma first. AHHHH!!!

That's okay though... Boo & I are going to have lots of fun and Little Man & Hero will have fun too. It's only a week. It's not a year.

Thank goodness for that!

*side note on a totally different but related topic: I won't have access to a computer during this time. I'm nervous about not getting my daily blog "fix" but - hey. I'll survive! ;-) Have a good week!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope you have a super fantastic trip!! And don't worry about your boys... they will be fine! I'm sure of it :)

Ally said...

Hope you both have a wonderful time and safe trip. :)

HiHoRosie said...

Enjoy your "girls only" trip! And what Melissa said: the boys will be fine. :)

Julie@My5monkeys said...

have a good trip and the boys will be fine.:)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller