Friday, February 15, 2008

100th post! Kinda sad that it's taken so long to get here, but whatever! Here are 100 random thoughts, facts, tidbits, whatever about me.

1. I love to read.
2. If I didn't have things to do & kids to take care of, I'd read all day long.

3. I love seeing old, abandoned houses.
4. There's something sad and mysterious about them.
5. I've always wanted to just go in and explore.
6. But my mom said that sometimes vagabonds lived there so -
7. I just don't want something bad to happen to me, you know?
8. I cry when I see these old houses razed to the ground
9. and is replaced by mega-houses on a single lot.
10. When I get really low blood sugar, I get weepy.
11. All the hurts come dredging up to the surface and overwhelm me at times.
12. If I don't take care of it right away (i.e. eat) then it can last a couple of days
despite finally eating later.
13. I'm scared that I'll turn diabetic.
14. Both my parents had Type II Diabetes in their older years.
15. My OB/GYN said that's most definitely what contributed to my PCOS

16. and inability to have children.
17. Stupid Diabetes.
18. I can recite the whole "I'm a Baby!" deal from Marlo Thomas' "Free To Be" video.
19. So can my baby sis, Kays.
20. Kays and I like to sing together in a goofy way.
21. I would say she's one of my best friends.
22. I'm not so much afraid of heights.
23. As I am of being tempted to jump.
24. Just to get it over with.
25. Didn't use to be like that.
26. That bothers me.
27. Especially considering I've once jumped off a 50' bridge into Lake Washington.

28. I had no fear of jumping off then.
29. Until I realized how stupid it was.
30. Then made the mistake of curling up into a fetal position.
31. Just before landing in the water.
32. I thought I was going to die.
33. I didn't.
34. I ended up being bruised from the middle of my back to the back of my knees.
35. Hips too.
36. I think I broke my tailbone.
37. It hurts if I have to sit for a long time.
38. I climbed up the side of Snoqualmie Falls once.
39. Without any safety gear.
40. I was bored.
41. I have a fascination with the sea.
42. It has so many moods to match my own.
43. I can just sit on the beach for hours.
44. Just staring out, thinking, relaxing.
45. I've never been on a sailboat.
46. I have been on a speedboat, ferry and jet-skis.
47. I love to jet-ski.
48. Refuse to swim in bodies of water where I can't see the bottom.
49. I don't want anything slimy or creepy grabbing my ankles.

50. I love pools.
51. I've never been out of the country.
52. Canada doesn't count.
53. Me & some of my sisters & mom would go there.
54. To buy Purdy's snowballs.

55. Hero went to Canada to buy those snowballs.
56. As a surprise for my siblings.
57. For my Mom's "Chocolate Fest" that she requested for when she died.
58. Snowballs were one of my mom's favorites.
59. I love my Hero.
60. I now can't eat snowballs.
61. For that matter, I'm not much into chocolate anymore.
62. I'd rather be eating Jonagold apples all the live long day.
63. I would....
64. If I knew my stomach could handle that.
65. You'd think with the little pooch I have, it would.
67. I learned to walk when I was two-ish.

68. I had been temporarily set back
69. Due to meningitis as a 9month old baby.
70. Before I got sick I was already walking around furniture.
71. Had physical therapy to learn how to walk.
72. I have no sense of balance.
73. Don't get dizzy either.
74. That's all due to meningitis .
75. The lack of dizzy makes it easy for me to go spinning on a merry-go-round.
76. I love those.
77. The ones they used to have on the playgrounds.
78. I would love to be a kid again.
79. About 6 or 7 years old.
80. Loved my school then.
81. I'm an optimistic person.
82. I don't typically let things keep me down for too long.
83. Which is good.
84. Otherwise, I would've never kept on baking.
85. Yes, I had a baking mishap when I was younger.
86. I got my hair caught in the beaters.
87. My friend just laughed.
88. I can laugh too.... now.
89. I love to go horseback riding.
90. Want to go now.
91. It's too cold for me though.
92. I used to sell make-overs.
93. When I was 10.
94. Make-up was from my older sister.
95. I sat outside all day.
96. Didn't get a single customer.
97. The lipsticks melted.
98. Can't call me a quitter.
99. I wonder about the mentality of the person who came up with this "100th Post/100 facts."
100. WOOHOOOOOO - I'm DONE AND HAPPY ABOUT IT!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I tried to do a 100 post one time... I'm just not that interesting :) Loved your post!

Ally said...

Very fun, interesting, wonderful facts about you. :)

I can't believe you jumped off a bridge like that! And the bruising... :( OUCH!!! I can't believe it, because I would never be so brave myself.

And YIKES! about the hair in the beaters. That would have scared the bejeebers out of me!

Thanks for sharing this fun list of things about yourself. It may be an exercise in insanity, this 100th post thing, but I do love learning more about people. :)

Unknown said...

haha. i remember seeing those bruises! woah nelly! and you showed them to me with a huge smile on your face. you rock only because i love you

yardsnacker said...

I jumped off that same bridge probably a couple years previous...sorry I didn't warn you. I'm convinced that water went where water is not meant to go.... and bruised my lower spine.
And like, how long did it take to get to the surface again? An hour?
xo Sam

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller