Thursday, February 14, 2008

I've been a little quiet on this blog because I didn't want to bury my Birthday/Giveaway post. I know, how considerate of me! ;-) I'll be hosting the random drawing tomorrow... or tonight as I'll probably will still be up after midnight.

As my regular readers know - I have this tendancy to embark on a journey of dipping into various pools of thought before tying it all together. (At least, I hope it all ties together!)

Here goes.

SO - what have I been up to?

Been busy with kids, volunteering at Boo's school, babysitting, resisting the urge to go out and buy plants just because it was blue skies today - - - even though it was only in the low 40's. Dejunking and going through papers. Ugh - why do I keep everything? Anyway...

I went to my friend's Valentine's Party for the kids a couple of days ago. I was looking forward to it as there were some moms there that I don't really know. Thought since it was a small group, I would be able to interact and get to know them better. Didn't quite work out. Let me just tell you that PMS+missing my Mom+insecure = a girl that cried on the way home. Soo not good.

Later that same afternoon, I arrived home after picking up Boo from school only to find that I had been made the victim of a "Heart Attack." That was enough to pick up my mood! (Um, my camera's downstairs and I'm too tired to fiddle with getting a picture downloaded. But just picture a green door covered with happy construction-paper hearts.)

Today, fired off an email to a blog-friend of mine. I wasn't expecting an answer because good grief, it's VALENTINE'S DAY! Anyway, a short while later, I received an email back from her. The first thing she said? "BREATHE." Then went on to give me some advice on a situation that I'm loathe to be in, but nevertheless, am looking forward to working through with her cheering me along on the sidelines.

Tonight - we got a mysterious ring on the doorbell. My family had been decorating cookies. So when the doorbell rang, Boo & I raced to the door, covered in frosting & sprinkles. We opened the door and there were 4 heart-shaped boxes of candy. How cool was that? Boo was anxious to know who could've left it there so Hero & I said that it wasn't important. The important thing is - to remember that somebody or someBODIES out there love us & care about us. We should remember to do something in turn for those that we love & care about as well.

I must sound like I'm this crazy, wacko, off-kilter, silly woman. That's okay. I'm loved. SO loved and that's all I need. My prayers are being answered through these marvelous people that have touched me this week.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is great that there were others out there thinking of you! It's amazing what a little pick me up like that can do!

Ally said...

A lovely post. :)

I'm glad you've had some nice moments like that this week. And I'm sorry that you had to cry on the way home from the party. You sound like me this week, what with all the PMS and insecurity and such!! (ha, ha!)

Anyway. Hope the 'issues' you're concerned about will be resolved to your satisfaction and peace of mind.

Thinking of you, and hoping all is well, especially at this time of the year.

Ice Cream said...

Hmmm, we had the same sneaky boxes of choclate dropped at our place. I wonder who the secret Valentiner is???

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller