Friday, February 01, 2008

HAPPY FEBRUARY 1st!
Did you know that my birthday is coming up? YES! February 22nd. George Washington's birthday! And I am going to be... let's see.... 24*? 25?

A lot of you probably don't know this but as of 2 years ago, February became my most hated month of the year. My mom passed away 10 days before my birthday. Ya, not cool... to say the least. This year, I'm determined to change the fact that I dread February. I NEED to. For my sake and also that of my family. So - I've been thinking about this and decided, what makes somebody happy? What makes me happy? For me, it's getting mail. Getting mail that is a PACKAGE. Getting a package that has FUN STUFF! And before you jump (or have you already jumped?) to the conclusion that I want all of my blog readers to send me happy packages, that is NOT the case. (*whispers* Although I'm not totally adverse to it!*) For the FIRST TIME in La La La Laaaahhhh!!!!-land, as a part of my Birthday Celebration - - - I am going to be giving away a package of "Sariqd's Favorite Things!"


The rules of this giveaway are:

1) Comment on my blog that you want to participate. Deadline is February 14th, MIDNIGHT PST.
2) Post about this giveaway on your blog with a link back to mine. In your post, share some of your favorite Birthday memories. That can be anything from cake to presents to memories to whatever. Just write about happy times.
3) Be willing to send me your postal address.
4) If you're the lucky winner, please fake it if you happen to not care about my favorite things when you receive it.

I will be selecting a winner by random drawing (Hero will be my witness) on Feb. 15th. That is to allow me time to send it off to you so you too, can open a present on my birthday! How exciting will that be?

*Okay - if you're trying to read this tiny print, you deserve the right to at least know my real age. I'm going to be 38! I know!

8 comments:

Ice Cream said...

Sounds like fun. You should enter this in the Bloggy Giveaways carnival:
http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/reviews/2008/01/bloggy-giveaw-1.html

I will see if I can get a birthday post done tomorrow... or at least by Monday.

Ally said...

I'm in, too. But my post probably won't be up for a day or two as well.

Looks like fun, and I hope I win!!! :)

Her Royal Highness said...

Ooh! Can I try my luck? I so want to be a winner again & this one will be the best kind yet! Sariqd's favorite things?! I'm SOOO in!

Unknown said...

I would love to participate, though I do not have blog site, could I use me cafemom homepage?

Anonymous said...

Tevya - Sure! Just make sure you give me the link to your profile page on CM. That way, I have a way to contact you. :) - Sariqd

Unknown said...

HI it's me again! My home page link hope it;s right http://www.cafemom.com/home/tevya13

Carpenters said...

Yippee! Count me in...Happy Birthday....I will be 38 this year too.....

Julie@My5monkeys said...

I want to try my luck too.
www.tableforseven-julie.blospot.com

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller