Thursday, September 25, 2008

(Ooooh - let's see how long before this becomes a rumor in my ward.... )

Last night, Hero comes up to me and says, "So, would you consider a move across the country for my work?"

Stunned silence..... on my part.

"Um. Where are we talking about?"

"South Bend, Indiana."

"SOUTH BEND INDIANA? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY'VE GOT THE WORST SCHOOLS IN THE NATION! THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE COMPUTERS THERE!"

Stunned silence.... on his part.

"Now, if we were talking about North Carolina - I'll start packing."

And with that, I finished loading the dishwasher.



***disclaimer - I'm sure they have computers in their schools. I just personally was not impressed with the people there when I lived there for 3 weeks. Yes - I lived there for 3 weeks. GENERALLY SPEAKING - the people were so crabby, never smiled, so totally different than Seattle. I dunno, maybe it was the weather. Wearing down parkas in 60F weather... Hello, that's when we wear shorts in Seattle! I do happen to know of 2 families that live in Indiana that smile. One family took care of my son as a newborn. The other family lived in Seattle before heading out there. Perhaps you think of me as being overly critical. Perhaps. Just know, that if it came down to it - that we needed to move for my husband's work - I would do it happily. And do the best I could to make it a positive move for my family.

7 comments:

natals said...

Hey, I'm all for that North Carolina move! :D

Julie@My5monkeys said...

I don't have anything bad to say about either of those places because I have never been there. sorry

Charlotte said...

Actually, according to the 2007 statistics, Indiana was #26 in the United States for education. Washington State was... #30. So technically, Indiana is the better deal. Although if you really want educational bang for your buck, Minneosta is #6! Hint, hint;)

Lisa said...

We won't discuss Arizona's placement for schooling, but the people here are really friendly!

Melissa said...

It could be worse... my Hubby came home the other day and asked what I thought of Fargo, North Dakota. My response? "I don't think about it. EVER. And I don't want to start now..." Nice, eh?

Lisa Merkley said...

OOhhh...I love rumors. Let me start one for you. HAHAHA!

Her Royal Highness said...

So, is this permission to go on CM and start this rumor?
And if you want my opinion (because I know it's vital to your decision making - if one needs to be made), I've never been there & I never want to. Ever.
I know someone who lives there, and you're right. They don't smile. She's really a very unhappy lady...

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller