Thursday, September 11, 2008

Perhaps I should clarify, dear readers, that I am not in the abysmal pit of despair. NO. I am not about to abandon my children, my husband, my faith, nor my life. NO. What I've come to the conclusion is, the old sariqd that I am, just doesn't suffice. It's not enough. It's not... I just can't put my finger on it. It's as though, perhaps.... I've let what I perceived other people's opionions of me become my truth.


"Really, there is no beautiful style, no beautiful design, and no beautiful color: there is just one beauty, that of the truth that is revealed."

Auguste Rodin

I've forgotten what my truth is. Too long have I let what I thought other people thought about me mold me. No longer. I must shed that. For example, I'm not a shy person. When did I let that happen? I must change those bits & pieces that I don't like. I must work through the metamorphosis that one goes through in changing, stretching, and growing. It might be an ugly business but you know.... there are some mighty pretty butterflies out there.

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

Glad to hear it, my friend! And you are right - you are not shy:) You are smart and cute and thoughtful with one of the most piercing wits I've ever met. Man, I miss you.

Melissa said...

It is amazing how we let ourselves change and conform to other people's perceptions. I have done the same thing. Your thoughts have intrigued me... I'm gonna have to give this some more thought...

Julie@My5monkeys said...

you know I understand what you are saying...

Ally said...

Cheers and hugs.

Best wishes on your journey! Journey's are interesting. And sometimes fun. (ha!)

I'm looking for my truth, too.

I hope you find your beautiful truth. ;-)

Rozemary said...

Your words are beautiful, thoughts many people could turn inward and think about themselves. Let the "real" you rock!

Lisa said...

That quote is beautiful. I hope your journey goes well! I love the sariqd I already know, and I'm certain I'll love the new one as well.

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Beautiful! I would have never guessed you thought yourself shy. I have been labled shy. Not so, just quiet until I have something to say.:)

HiHoRosie said...

You are beautiful. Enjoy your journey and where it takes you.

Ice Cream said...

Oooo, I love "finding myself." I seem to have to do it at least once after every baby. You know, find the Liz behind the mom/wife/friend/etc. I really like the Liz so I always enjoy finding her again. But I know what you mean about letting others mold you. I have a tendency to be a mirror, acting like those I'm around. I don't like it when I do that. Makes me feel empty.

Enjoy finding yourself. If you need any help... =)

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller