Friday, January 18, 2008

After accidentally knocking over my cheapo, plastic jewelry rack a hundred times too many, I have decided to take the bull by its horns! I've looked at different jewelry racks, boxes and nothing seems to reach out and grab me. Then... as I was sitting there looking at my myriad of junk... er, I mean, art supplies. I saw an old frame with pictures in it (postcards) and thought, "A-HAH!" I took the glass & pictures out of it. Then I painted it white and then got some thin wooden dowels, painted them too. Then glued it all together, and voila!

Here's a picture of creativity at it's best. I didn't know where to put the painted dowels. I used a colander and stuck them in there. It worked beautifully! The purple & pink dowels are the ones my Boo painted. Her "magic wands." :)



Here is the finished product. Yes, I know that my necklaces are longer than the frame but... where am I going to find a super-long, narrow frame? Don't tell me. Besides, I like the look of it.

Here's a close-up....
Well? I'm pretty proud of myself!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just think you are BRILLIANT! I don't worry about the necklaces hanging longer, I think it's a fabulous idea, and you did a wonderful job.

Yea, YOU! :)

Unknown said...

Sara you are extremely creative and what a way to use your resources...and to put it on the wall very good use of space...you know why don't they give awards out every year for moms like the oscars you could be in the most creative or best use of budget category and you'd win cause I would vote for you. Great Job!
Sarah M~

Her Royal Highness said...

I LO-HO-HOVE it! Ooh, I wish I had more jewelry & I'd make one too! You could TOTALLY sell those!
Oh, I'll have at least ONE more piece of jewelry - because I won the Becky Sharp Giveaway! WooHoo! But I'm having a hard time deciding...
Anyway! Congrats on your new piece of art!

Jori said...

WOWZERS!! I love it!! What a great idea!! I would have never thought of that! Great job! You're awesome!

Ice Cream said...

I love anything that does more than one thing. Here you have a jewelry holder that also looks like art. I love it!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller