Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Well... today was day #2. Day 2 of exercising. Yesterday, I didn't make it all the way through the exercise program. The reason is two-fold. One, I'm not the most coordinated person and when you throw something out at me like doing a cross-over-jump-kick-jab-whatever, I'm just not going to "get it." So, with trepidation, I started my exercise regimen today and I am very happy to say - I MADE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH! YAY FOR ME! I messed up on a few step-jab-kicks. But it was NOTHING like yesterday. :) I felt great about the exercise, about myself in that I DID it, and that yahoo! I made it to day # 2! Until I looked at my exercise calendar afterwards. I start a NEW, DIFFERENT regimen tomorrow. I'm... kind of scared. Silly, isn't it? Ah well.

FYI - No, I'm not on any diet and I'm not looking to lose weight. I'm just looking to feel better in general. I've been hit with horrible migraines the past couple of weeks and I am sick of it! So - I'm exercising to help release those mighty endorphins! I hope to reduce, if not eliminate, my migraines. I hope to increase my mental thinking power (yes, exercise really helps that!) and hopefully just feel better about myself. I can already tell a difference - I'm not so tired and crabby... except when I have to go up the stairs. My muscles are saying "Nooo nooooo" - kind of like the wicked witch of the east when she gets water dumped on her. lol!

2 comments:

Ally said...

I loved this post! :-) Mostly because I'm in the same boat. I just really, REALLY want to feel better! Tired of the weak muscles, whining while walking up the stairs, being out of breath just by picking up my little baby...

Today was my second day of exercising as well. (how funny!) I didn't make it all the way through my program today. I'm sore from weight-lifting yesterday. But I'm going to do my best to keep going!

Good luck!!! I'm cheering for you! Power to the girls!

Her Royal Highness said...

Yay for you!
I didn't make any resolutions to exercise this year. I figure that if I clean someone's house for 3 hours & I come out of there sweating, then I got my heartrate up to where it needs to be to work hard.
Unfortunately, I didn't clean Monday, Tuesday or Today. So I'll have to start tomorrow. But I WILL say that I have 2 hours of volleyball tonight which will help!
Keep up the good work!!!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller