Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I have this rather odd penchant of using my oven as a storage unit. My Hero does NOT think it to be tres amusant. Especially after one time too many of sniffing the air and wondering why it smells like plastic burning or why does it smell like cinnamon when all we're doing is preheating the oven to cook some lasagna? He'll race to the oven, throw the door open and WHOOSH! The discovery of some... non-bakeable item. Or non-REbakeable item. *sigh* I know this one gal who does something similar, except she comes up with a cool art piece and hangs it on her wall. Me? Nope. Just extra crunchy coffee-cake or a melted handle of a spatula.

Now - I'm learning that all plastic is not equal in the dishwasher either. Here's a mayo-jar that I thought I'd reuse. Now? Not so sure....




3 comments:

Ally said...

I hate the smell of something being melted beyone recognition on the dishwasher's heating element. ICK!!

Maybe it's just me, but that jar looks fairly artistic...

Lisa Merkley said...

Oh no! And it's Pampered Chef mini spatula, too! Those are my favorite!!!

Unknown said...

Is this not normal for everyone? Although I do have to say its usually my 3 year old that likes to put things in places where they do not belong. But this happens on a regular occurence in my household so glad to hear that someone else goes through it.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller