Thursday, January 03, 2008

Do you have those "red-light cameras" in your city? While I truly appreciate them helping reduce the # of cars speeding through red-lights, they make me anxious. I'll see the green-light and try to estimate just how long I have until it turns yellow. Do I slow wayyyyy down and risk the wrath of the cars behind me? Or do I try to make it (at a healthy/legal speed of course) and run the risk of the camera snapping a shot of my car's bum and getting a $112 traffic ticket?

It's one of those things... where you start walking just a little bit fast after somebody and the person ahead suddenly becomes hyper-sensitive thinking you're gonna pinch their bums so they go scooting fast as well. I feel like that whenever I see those darn red-light cameras.

I guess the bright side of it is... because officers have access only to an offending vehicle's license-plate information, the registered owner is responsible for the ticket and fine. The violation will not go on a person's driving record.

2 comments:

Ally said...

Well, at least there's an upside, eh? That it won't go on the driver's record.

I don't think we should get started about my 'feelings' when I'm driving - it's just a nasty can of worms, frought with tension, anxiety, sometimes anger, and a lot of perspiration.

LOL about walking behind someone, them thinking about being pinched. :-) It could happen!!!

Better safe than sorry...

Her Royal Highness said...

So THAT'S why people start walking faster in front of me. Huh, I never knew they were thinking that!

I've never gotten a red-light ticket before. I've gotten the ones that are posted on the side of the road - but it was only $25. And THAT'S the reason why (for a long time, but not anymore) I removed the front license plate from my cars.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller