Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, I came upon an idea for a post on my blog. I don't know about you all, but since being converted to the blog-world, I find myself constantly thinking of things to put on my blog.
ANYWAY - back to last night! I thought of famous people that I want to meet. Here they are, in random order.


People I want to meet:

1) Richard Armitage - (Master Thornton in North and South) But... I think I'd be too scared if I really did meet him in person. (see "Johnny Depp" below.)
2) Emma Thompson - I really like her work in Sense & Sensibility, Harry Potter, and Nanny McPhee. Just to name a few! haha! Seriously though, I really came to admire her when she did a tv show called,
"Wit". She played a professor who was battling ovarian cancer. She did such a beautiful job... so much so, that I couldn't even bear to watch the ending because I knew she was going to die. On a much lighter note, she seems the very epitome of a classy lady.

People I used to want to meet:

1) Oprah. It used to be a lifelong dream of mine to be a guest on her show. Then it changed into just being a part of the audience on her "Favorite Things" show. Now... as I see her, she's too far removed from the "people." She has become impatient and not very gracious. JMOP!
2) Johnny Depp - I mean, c'mon! I thought it would be really cool to meet him but then... realized how silly I would be. Not that I would DO anything silly upon meeting him. I would just feel silly and awkward. Besides, he's got those "bedroom eyes" as my grandma would say. Hence, I would just... start to cry because I wouldn't know how to behave.
3) Huh... well, I didn't get very far now, did I? Alas and alack! Perhaps someday I'll think more in depth about this post and add to it. For now, go and enjoy your day! lol!

3 comments:

Her Royal Highness said...

Nice list. I agree with the Oprah one. I used to want to be in her "favorite things" audience (and sometimes still do) but I just don't like her anymore.
My aunt tried getting on her show because she was in the process of adopting 11 poys from some 3rd world country & needed to get the word out about the conditions down there - and Oprah didn't help.
Bah-humbug!
I like this idea, though - I'll have to think it over & blog about it myself!

Lisa Merkley said...

Ditto on the Oprah thing.

But I'd want to meet Rachael Ray. Even better would be to have her teach one of my cooking classes! Think she would do it?

Ally said...

I stopped watching Oprah last year, and only tune in for an episode that I really think is important. I believe you nailed it right on the head - she has lost touch with the people - plus, I think she's arrogant, puffed up on her pride.

I would LOVE to meet Emma Thompson. She is one of my favorite actresses.

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller