Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I stole this, yes I STOLE this idea from Her Royal Highness. I'm sure she doesn't mind 'cuz she's all cool like that. ;-)

My Top Ten GENERAL Favorite Sweets: (In random order. Also, I say "GENERAL" because I have favorites for different holidays.)

1. Homemade fudge cake w/vanilla ice-cream
2. S'mores
3. Chocolate ice-cream
4. Apple pie (I have now made 7 apple pies in the past year and am pleased to say - I GOT IT RIGHT!)
5. Marionberry pie (I haven't attempted to make this one. Why bother? Remingler's does just fine!)
6. Kung-fu brownies
7. New York cheesecake (Be still my heart!)
8. Chocolate chip cookies (a good old stand-by.)
9. Lemon Chiffon cake (takes ALL DAY to make!)
10. Strawberry shortcake

***DISCLAIMER*** I do NOT eat these things in just one sitting or even all the time! I would be one very sick girl if that were the case!

NOW - what are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

Ally said...

Sheesh!! I might as well just copy and paste your list!

Well, I'm actually not too keen on pies or ice cream. But I'll go for the fudge, the brownies, the cheesecake, the cookies, the strawberry shortcake...

I love mint brownies, and I frequently have cherry turnovers. I also LOVE to relax with some sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, or snickerdoodles. Or, some cherry or apple crisp...

Hmm. Is anyone else feeling hungry?

Unknown said...

Yeah all I'm feeling is very hungry...when I really want to indulge i have "chocolate cake that's better than sex" cake...it's devil's food cake mix bake to reg. instructions poke holes with handle of wooden spoon and then pour mrs. richardsons caramel over whole cake use the whole jar...then after cool top with whipped topping and heath toffe bits. Or a really extra indulgence is a lindt truffle or chocolate bar they are smoother and richer than a baby's bottom!Okay i'm now salivating better stop.

Her Royal Highness said...

Ooh, I've had "Better than sex cake" before - it's reeeeally good!

I'm glad you took my idea! I enjoyed reading about your sweet tooth. I think you'd really like my "raspberry Heaven" & I'm POSITIVE you would enjoy making it!

Beauty alone makes all the world happy, and every being forgets its limitations as long as it experiences her enchantment.

Friedrich von Schiller